Dali Rubicon 6

dflee

Dali Rubicon 6
« on: 8 Sep 2023, 08:45 pm »
Smooth as silk.
Having used soft dome tweeter with a ribbon extending treble for many years I have grown accustom to a softer but to the outer limits in that area.
I've been a bass head with four 10" to really produce the oomph that could rattle the room. There has been a couple of changes since that day and I've
grown to enjoy the faster tighter bass (not as big and boomy).
My path has shown that I am not a metal dome guy. The last two speakers with metal tweeters has just been too much for me. The 6 replace the Fyne 501SP
for reasons stated that were too directional. Hence I looked for a better off axis sound without the harshness of the treble. The 501SP has some of
the tightest / lowest bass I've heard and have grown accustom to that. This has been a journey of time and money spent that I'm not proud of but live and
learn.
The 6 were a floor demo in excellent shape and a couple hundred hours on them. Even though I did get them at demo price, it was a heart breaker to find
how much I had to spend for sound I like.
They started off with tremendous mids and a fairly soft HF and LF. The lit says they can be as close as 8" off the front wall but I found it to be a little bloated
and moving them out 2" at a time found 14" to be quite nice. They are rear ported.
Having used them for probably another 100 hrs has changed the sound to be better than at first. The LF tightened up while retaining it's depth and the HF has also
come in better. I moved them back (2" at a time) and 10" is just right for my room. The lit for the speakers state to not toe in and I've kept that since they really
do have a nice off axis sound. Sound has become very full with great detail and Chpin Nocturns (playing presently) produces a piano better than any speaker that's
been in this house. I have put a number of genres on and they are doing pretty danged well with everything I've thrown at them. I'm not good with the jargon used
to describe audio so not going there but gotta say if you have a chance to hear them, take it. The 6 have found a home and I'm not one to change main equipment
very often so they are going to be staying for some time. Hearing my system as is at this moment will more than likely be it for me unless something breaks down.
My sundries are listed in my "systems" section here on AC.
I'd like to thank AC for allowing me to write about something I really enjoy and reading others thoughts.

Don

I.Greyhound Fan

Re: Dali Rubicon 6
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2023, 11:45 am »
Very nice.  A few years ago at RMAF my son and I thought that Dali had some of the best sounding rooms of the show with multiple models.