Price Drop: Sansui TU 717 Tuner as Recommended by fmtunerinfo.com

fly_fish_nz

I've received a lot interest and complements on this Tuner, but no firm buyers yet, so dropping the price by $20.  Now $215.    Thanks for looking!

Highly rated Sansui TU 717 tuner, 17th place overall out of 84 tuners in fmtunerinfo.com's tuner shootout.  In very good condition: the face is in excellent condition with only a few marks, glass is clear and complete, dials, meters, and lights all working.  Original Fm antena and holder on back are complete and working.  I would rate this unit cosmetically an 8 on audiogon's scale except that the top of the unit has an imperfect, uneven finish, looking as if the finish was applied that way, so I'd rate it a 7 out of 10.  Unfortunately I can't get this to show up in a photo.

Everything I tried on the tuner is in good working order, though I am not very knowledgeable about tuners, and essentially turned it on and listened.  Only selling because I was not using it that often and it won't fit on my rack except when I use an integrated amp.

$215 OBO plus shipping.

Feedback at audiogon under fly_fish_nz.

Pics:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/fly_fish/100_1154.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/fly_fish/100_1159.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/fly_fish/100_1158.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/fly_fish/100_1157.jpg
« Last Edit: 5 May 2007, 08:58 pm by fly_fish_nz »

Wind Chaser

Re: Sansui TU 717 Tuner as Recommended by fmtunerinfo.com
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2007, 11:10 am »
My sister threw one of those in the trash. :duh:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2007, 04:06 pm »
this is a really quality tuna, and a good deal at the asking price, imo.  if you spend a little time or money upgrading it, you will have something that's about as good as it gets sonically, at *any* price.

now flyfish, if you still want to keep a tuna around, i have one that's cosmetically challenged, but works perfectly, sounds excellent, and stands only 3" tall, so it may fit on your rack.  cheap, too!   :green:

best,

doug s., so many tunas, so little time...

fly_fish_nz

« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2007, 08:35 pm »
Thanks for the nice comments about the TU 717Doug.  Unfortunately my rack is horizontally challenged, not vertically, perhaps having to do with the fact that I have an integrated tube, ss amp, sonic euphoria pre, and my source all lined up.

Wind Chaser: Ouch!  Reminds me of when I heard my mother had tossed my grandfather's telefunken equipment with tons of NOS tubes.  I never let on that the collection was worth thousands.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2007, 12:32 am »
Thanks for the nice comments about the TU 717Doug.  Unfortunately my rack is horizontally challenged, not vertically, perhaps having to do with the fact that I have an integrated tube, ss amp, sonic euphoria pre, and my source all lined up....

well then, try a sherwood s3000-series stereo tuna that's been refurb'd - excellent sound, & decent sensitivity, for a tubed tuna - only 14" across.  or, keep your eyes peeled for an onix bwd-1 - only ~9" across.  great sound (especially w/the soap-2 power supply) *and* great sensitivity.  another choice is the meridian 204 - i don't know its exact dimensions, but it's even narrower than the onix.  ok sensitivity w/great sound.

doug s.

fly_fish_nz

« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2007, 03:41 pm »
Doug,

You know your tuners!  Thanks!  Not sure how many FM junkies there are here, so I'll post at Audiogon as well.

Chris

fly_fish_nz

I've received a lot interest and complements on this Tuner, but no firm buyers, so dropping the price by $20.  Thanks for looking!

fly_fish_nz

Sale Pending.

doug s.

• makin' music
someone is getting a great deal, imo!   aa

doug s.