Bryston 9B ST problem

madders

Bryston 9B ST problem
« on: 27 Jun 2004, 04:01 pm »
Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me if my amp has blown:

I powered up my 9B ST (which is hooked up to an SP1.7 via balanced XLR's and is connected to M&K S-150's) I heard a low pop in the left speaker and now the LED that represents the amp running the front left speaker does not light up at all. There is now no sound coming from the left front speaker. Is this just a blown fuse or something more sinister? I'm guessing I am going to be putting the 20 year warranty to use, but just thought I should check in case it's something that I can fix?

Thanks,

Steve

Levi

Bryston 9B ST problem
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2004, 08:56 pm »
I would check the fuse first.

madders

Bryston 9B ST problem
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jul 2004, 03:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply Levi. How do I check the fuse? I'm guessing that this is a pretty elementary question so apologies for sounding dumb!  :oops:

Thanks,

Steve

Levi

Bryston fuse
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2004, 01:50 pm »
You may have to open the unit to check the fuse.  Here is what I found in the owner's manual:  The fuse are located in the back of the unit next to the powercord.  Unplug the power cord and check the fuse.  

Use fast-acting 4amp 250V 5mmx20mm.  You can find this information in your owners manual.

I hope it works.

StevenACNJ

Bryston 9B ST problem
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2004, 04:58 pm »
Totally unplug & power the unit off before replacing the fuse.

Also check to make sure you dont have a short in your speaker cable connections amp & speaker end.

Amps blow fuses from time to time without any apperant reason.