Pacific Audio Fest is open for registration!

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
Pacific Audio Fest is open for registration!
« on: 15 Dec 2020, 03:50 am »
Here is the new press release.  :popcorn:
The show is moving forward quickly now, we already have a bunch of great audio companies signed up. :thumb:

https://positive-feedback.com/industry-news/the-2021-pacific-audio-fest-registration-is-now-open/

RPM123

Re: Pacific Audio Fest is open for registration!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2020, 05:15 pm »
Will proof of Covid-19 vaccinations be required to participate or attend?

dpatters

« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2020, 10:50 pm »
You must be kidding.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 4 Mar 2021, 02:08 am »
Covid has obviously thrown more wrenches into the audio show schedule. Considering the constantly changing dates of some shows this year we want to assure everyone that if we cannot safely hold the Pacific Audio Fest on our scheduled dates (July 30-Aug. 1 2021) then we will simply refund all deposits and plan on similar dates for 2022. We will not change our dates in 2021 because doing so would intrude on the long established show dates of RMAF and Capitol Audio Fest, and our belief and policy is that we are all in this together.
Our firm policy is 100% refunds in case of a Covid cancellation and vendors will have first right of refusal in 2022 on the rooms they reserved. We strongly feel this is the only way to deal responsibly with everybody in the audio community.
   At this time it looks like we will have a good shot at holding the show as planned, we will make an announcement around May 1 to confirm the situation. That should give everyone enough time to adjust their plans if need be. Lets hope that the progress of the last month continues and we can get close to normal, or the new normal, by the end of July. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive, the Pacific Audio Fest will be a great and fun show for everybody.

https://www.pacificaudiofest.com/news

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 5 Mar 2021, 03:02 pm »
Will proof of Covid-19 vaccinations be required to participate or attend?

There have been articles that have suggested that when the vaccine becomes more widely available, proof may be required to fly.  While, that might not cover local attendees, it will screen a large portion of potential attendees out.  I've already had mine and have a picture of the record on my phone.  Also,just because someone has had a vaccine, does not mean that they can't be a carrier or get COVID (more likely in milder form).  So one needs to get used to the idea that there is no absolute going forward and it is also likely that vaccinations will be an annual thing like the flu shot.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #6 on: 5 Mar 2021, 04:21 pm »
There have been articles that have suggested that when the vaccine becomes more widely available, proof may be required to fly.  While, that might not cover local attendees, it will screen a large portion of potential attendees out.  I've already had mine and have a picture of the record on my phone.  Also,just because someone has had a vaccine, does not mean that they can't be a carrier or get COVID (more likely in milder form).  So one needs to get used to the idea that there is no absolute going forward and it is also likely that vaccinations will be an annual thing like the flu shot.

What if you've already had Covid?

RPM123

« Reply #7 on: 5 Mar 2021, 05:33 pm »
You must be kidding.

Why? If you have ever attended a show, you would have noticed many people crammed into small rooms, which is perfect for COVID-19 transmission. I would hope that limiting the number of people into rooms would also be taken and that mask wearing would be mandatory for extra protection. Also, there are number of anti-vaxxers out there. October is still a long way off, but with the new COVID variants rising, there may still be significant risk even in the fall.

galyons

« Reply #8 on: 5 Mar 2021, 06:14 pm »
Yes, there must be entrance screening. But who want to have to deal with the "It's all about me!" idiots? Sadly, just like we will need to  learn to live with covid, it is obvious we will need to learn to tolerate the ignorance of self centered, self indulgent individuals.  Too much of life has been put on hold, yet the same ignorant folks' behavior keeps putting a safer environment out of reach.

Would love to see the show happen!!  I am doing everything science dictates to increase that possibilty!

Cheers,
Geary

Phil A

« Reply #9 on: 5 Mar 2021, 06:24 pm »
What if you've already had Covid?

Here's just one of many articles - https://www.aarp.org/travel/travel-tips/safety/info-2021/covid-19-vaccines-and-travel.html  and another - https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/05/digital-health-passport-will-i-need-proof-of-vaccine-to-travel-abroad.html

I do know people who have had it and have been advised by their doctors that they have antibodies and to not get a vaccine immediately.  So one would think that recent test results showing antibodies would be something that should be taken into account (and addressed in the 2nd link).

I don't think anyone knows what the final rules, if any, will be.  Some of the new strains have infected people who already have COVID and of course people who have been vaccinated can still get it (although likely with lesser symptoms)  The bottom line is that it is a reality that will be here for a bit.  Some will undoubtely continue to live in a bubble or not be happy with whatever restrictions are or are not there.  If it is of a concern to someone, they certainly do not have to attend a voluntary activity.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #10 on: 5 Mar 2021, 07:31 pm »
I wonder if we'll just have new strains of Covid every year, like we do with the flu.

Phil A

« Reply #11 on: 5 Mar 2021, 07:42 pm »
I wonder if we'll just have new strains of Covid every year, like we do with the flu.

Likely, and just as one gets a flu shot every year, I'm sure there will be regular COVID vaccinations.  Everyone can feel different about going out and going to things.  For me personally, I'm going to do my best to get the appropriate vaccinations and not overly worry about it.  Given the fact that a sizeable percentage of people are indicating they will not get the vaccine - e.g. - https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/538198-over-30-percent-of-americans-say-they-wont-get-covid-19-vaccine-poll    - it is likely to be with us for a bit.  Some of that may be impacted by one's blood type and how the person feels about the whole matter - https://www.healio.com/news/primary-care/20201124/type-o-rh-blood-may-be-linked-to-lower-covid19-risks

As noted, I don't think anyone can expect to have every situation where a potential spreading of the virus can occur (whether that is an audio show or restaurant) to have every situation handled to their liking.  One is dealing with different Government entities (e.g. States) and things won't be handled identically.  That being said, the State of Washington has been one of the most vigilant in watching out for things (e.g https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/coronavirus-pandemic/).

Woodsage

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: 5 Mar 2021, 10:54 pm »
It’s too bad this thread got hijacked. If you want to talk about COVID you might want to start a COVID thread.

It seems pretty simple to me. If you're worried about getting COVID don’t go to the show. And don’t start pointing fingers and blaming others, it’s not a productive way to live life.

As to someone else’s medical decisions / treatments, that is personal, private information. So much so there are laws governing that right to privacy.

I’m sure that lawyers specializing in constitutional law are very busy right now. And if businesses start to refuse service to people that don’t provide personal medical information I would imagine there will be quite a few discrimination lawsuits filed as well.

Good luck with the show Lou, we met at a show once but I’ll be damned if I can remember which one. And if I still lived in the area I would definitely attend. But, after 55 years of northwest weather, wild horses couldn’t drag me back to the Seattle area. Even in the summer.

Mike

advanced101

« Reply #13 on: 5 Mar 2021, 11:26 pm »
Thanks Mike, lets keep this on track.

I am excited to go, the Wife may go too.  It will be our first time in Seattle.  I don't usually go to shows but we haven't done anything in the last year, and need to visit somewhere new.

I hope that there will be a wide selection of exhibits.  Also hoping to meet fellow Daedalus owners, maybe an owner lunch/ dinner/ meet-up.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #14 on: 6 Mar 2021, 12:35 am »
I'd really like to go. However, our son's wedding is set for July 20th in Glacier National Park (with a few days of planned activities following that), so I'm unable to commit until I have a clearer idea of my schedule leading up to PAF.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #15 on: 6 Mar 2021, 03:23 am »
If your afraid of, concerned about, at risk for, whatever about Covid then don’t go.  So simple.  I’m hoping to get up there for it and either way I hope it’s a massive success.

rbbert

« Reply #16 on: 6 Mar 2021, 01:18 pm »
Yes.  If one is fully vaccinated and wearing a KN-95 mask the risk of getting sick from COVID19 should be minimal.  If one is an anti-vaxxer you take your chances or don’t go

kmmd

« Reply #17 on: 6 Mar 2021, 05:04 pm »
I’d love to go as well, and I love Seattle.  I do have a few questions.  What are the hotel policies on distancing, masking, number of rooms available, etc?  Will rooms be cleaned daily or after each audition?  Will EVERYTHING be wiped down after each audition?  Social distancing, masking and how many people are allowed in a room to audition at a time?  Ventilation and filtration in and between rooms?  Will one need to provide proof of vaccination?  When we care for a potential positive patient in emergency, that room is shut down for at least an hour for thorough cleaning.

As for COVID and vaccines, I’ll keep it brief.  How long does immunity last, and how effective is it against the variants?  Booster needed in 6 months, 9, 12?  What happened to the flu?  This last question is asked to make one think.

Oh I forgot, will PPE be made available to attendees?

rbbert

« Reply #19 on: 7 Mar 2021, 01:26 am »
I’d love to go as well, and I love Seattle.  I do have a few questions.  What are the hotel policies on distancing, masking, number of rooms available, etc?  Will rooms be cleaned daily or after each audition?  Will EVERYTHING be wiped down after each audition?  Social distancing, masking and how many people are allowed in a room to audition at a time?  Ventilation and filtration in and between rooms?  Will one need to provide proof of vaccination?  When we care for a potential positive patient in emergency, that room is shut down for at least an hour for thorough cleaning.

As for COVID and vaccines, I’ll keep it brief.  How long does immunity last, and how effective is it against the variants?  Booster needed in 6 months, 9, 12?  What happened to the flu?  This last question is asked to make one think.

Oh I forgot, will PPE be made available to attendees?

All these (except the need for frequent cleaning of surfaces, since they are not a significant cause for viral spread) are interesting concerns, but if they are arguments against attending an audio show this July (assuming anyone who wishes to be is vaccinated against COVD19 by then, which appears likely as of today), they are equally valid for not attending an audio show ever.  beta-corona viruses will not stop mutating, just as the influenza virus doesn't stop mutating, and there is always Legionnaire's disease to worry about in a hotel or convention center.