Niteshade Audio: LE-100a Available For Audition!

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Niteshade Audio: LE-100a Available For Audition!
« on: 21 Oct 2008, 10:23 am »
I can't think of any better way introduce a product. A customer of mine would like to audition his LE-100a tube stereo power amplifier.

Quote:
"Hey gents. I have one of Niteshade Audio's (a.k.a. Blair Lamphear) amps. It is the LE-100a which uses 6L6 power tubes and 6SN7 drive tubes. It is a 45 watt push-pull design with volume control and two inputs.

I am going to send my amp back to Blair for some tailoring, and I thought that a few trusted AC members who live between me (SE Michigan) and the home of Niteshade Audio (in Rome, NY) would like to take a listen to one of Blair's amps, and provide some first-hand feedback/review/testimonial to the rest of AC.

Blair and I have consulted about this and he is game to provide information and support along the way, and I will provide my amp. I will write a short review in the speaker-review circle and that thread will take over for the tour. I am not game for this to go on too long so, maybe 3 stops, each lasting about 7-10 days. Each person who gets the LE-100a amp will be responsible for insured shipping to the next destination and any damage that occurs.

Tube diehards as well as tube skeptics need apply. Blair's amps are durable, straightforward and eminently musical, and deserve to be heard. PM myself and Niteshade Audio to get on the short list - Provide some system spec's too if you don't mind."

richidoo

Re: Niteshade Audio: LE-100a Available For Audition!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2008, 12:42 pm »
Good luck with your tour. AC is a wonderful place to run such a tour and whip up some PR. I look forward to reading the comments. Thanks for hosting with your amp. (I am not on the tour, just curious - 45W is not really enough for my speaks)

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2008, 01:01 pm »
Hey I'm in SE MI!  I'd like in on this.

And Blair, I grew up in Westmoreland and my father and uncle's worked at Revere, Pettibone, and GAFB.  And I too am an RIT grad (BMET '81)!!

pardales

« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2008, 02:16 pm »
It is my LE-100a that I am offering for the tour. I live in SE Michigan (48067). I would love for the amp to make a local stop before it heads back to Niteshade. Best,

jimdgoulding

« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2008, 05:37 pm »
Blair-  You have a friend in that fellow.  A fellow in the UK did that for me.  He put a set of what I make up for audition by anybody in the UK.  Anybody would contact him and he would send out.  He kept people apprised of when they were available in a popular audio forum and for awhile things were going so fast that he wouldn't ever see them.  He would just have one fellow forward to another as I believe you suggested.  Don't imagine things could work quite that simply for you because of the potential for something going wrong in S&H- what I make is impervious to that.  I would give your product a whirl if I were legitimately curious.  You kind of lead with your chin on another post I've seen (been there, done that) but no one will hold that it against you if a couple of the guys here take your friend up on his offer and reply with some good feedback.  Thought I could take a value or goal statement from that thread.  Anyway, best wishes for your endeavor, sincerely.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2008, 08:40 pm by jimdgoulding »

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2008, 05:58 pm »
If you want to go to Rome through Vienna, I am game.  Unlike Blair, I have no faith in Chinese 6sn7s but I have my stash of OS tubes to try.  BTW, that is Rome (NY) and Vienna (Va).  8)

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2008, 06:42 pm »
There's no better way to gain credibility than to tour your amps in exchange for customer reviews. :thumb: A hands on approach is anunbeatable way to sell any product and my hat is off to your present customer who would actually do this for you. He's a friend indeed. :D

Cheers,
Robin

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2008, 06:53 pm »
There's no better way to gain credibility than to tour your amps in exchange for customer reviews. :thumb: A hands on approach is a nun-beatable way to sell any product and my hat is off to your present customer who would actually do this for you. He's a friend indeed. :D

Cheers,
Robin

Robin,

You have to stop beating the nuns.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #8 on: 22 Oct 2008, 09:11 pm »
There's no better way to gain credibility than to tour your amps in exchange for customer reviews. :thumb: A hands on approach is a nun-beatable way to sell any product and my hat is off to your present customer who would actually do this for you. He's a friend indeed. :D

Cheers,
Robin

Robin,

You have to stop beating the nuns.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell ya what, I'll leave the nun's alone what the priest's leave the alterboys alone. :thumb:

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #9 on: 22 Oct 2008, 09:48 pm »
I certainly do appreciate what Michael is doing. He's been great council on many things to me and I value his opinions and trust his judgement. I value everyone's opinion and will look forward to opinions, both positive and negative. My designs are not set in stone and it was noted that I change things quite frequently. The 100a is a straight forward amplifier and has a signal path reminiscent of single ended designs regarding the straight, no-nonsense signal path.

Brown

« Reply #10 on: 25 Oct 2008, 04:16 am »
Sounds like a nice amp. Good luck. I'm in NYC and might like to try your products. When ready I'll check out your site or PM you

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #11 on: 25 Oct 2008, 11:36 am »
I have an NS-100 going out for two reviews as soon as it leaves the shop. Keep an eye out for the results.

Sounds like a nice amp. Good luck. I'm in NYC and might like to try your products. When ready I'll check out your site or PM you

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #12 on: 2 Nov 2008, 02:32 pm »
The LE-100a is no longer available for tour. There will be other equipment available in the future. Stay tuned!