Gabriel Gold Revelation

MrAcoustat

Re: Gabriel Gold Revelation
« Reply #20 on: 5 Feb 2011, 03:39 am »

I'm more just curious than actually interested so I won't waste his time with emails. Audio websites that won't list their prices don't really gain much interest from me from the get go. But thanks for that A'gon info Berto, I'll scope that out to satisfy my curiosity.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Hi Robin, i just bought a 1 meter pair of Gabriel Gold Revelation REV 2R, the list price was 1,295.00 US but nobody pays list price, it also say's on the website that this cable is discontinued, i don't mind this, after what i was told by friends i took a chance, will come back to give you my findings, i realy got a GOOD deal.

PS: It's been a week now but this cable was all ready broken in for the price i paid i made a very very good deal $375.00 for such a cable i was very lucky there is surely better out there but i'm satisfied and will stay put for awile.
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2011, 10:30 pm by MrAcoustat »

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #21 on: 5 Feb 2011, 03:58 am »
Hi Robin, i just bought a 1 meter pair of Gabriel Gold Revelation REV 2R, the list price was 1,295.00 US but nobody pays list price, it also say's on the website that this cable is discontinued, i don't mind this, after what i was told by friends i took a chance, will come back to give you my findings, i realy got a GOOD deal.

How can you say "I realy got a GOOD deal" when you haven't even heard the IC's in your system yet?  :scratch:  That sort of wisdom I don't understand as I know all too well what works in one system doesn't make it a good deal for another system,,, simply too many variables, then you have the individual listeners perferences (everyone has them ya'know).

But all that aside, I hope the Rev's fit your system like nice leather gloves (not OJ Simpsons glove  :lol: ). Good luck.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

MrAcoustat

« Reply #22 on: 3 Apr 2011, 12:35 pm »

How can you say "I realy got a GOOD deal" when you haven't even heard the IC's in your system yet?  :scratch:  That sort of wisdom I don't understand as I know all too well what works in one system doesn't make it a good deal for another system,,, simply too many variables, then you have the individual listeners perferences (everyone has them ya'know).

But all that aside, I hope the Rev's fit your system like nice leather gloves (not OJ Simpsons glove  :lol: ). Good luck.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

PS: It's been a week now but this cable was all ready broken in for the price i paid i made a very very good deal $375.00 for such a cable i was very lucky there is surely better out there but i'm satisfied and will stay put for awile.

minimus

« Reply #23 on: 10 Apr 2011, 02:49 pm »
I have owned a lot of Gabriel Gold cables, from the Extremes to the Revelation RevR to the Rapture.  I have replaced all of them over time with better sounding cables that were less expensive from Tara Labs, Purist Audio Design, and Morrow.  So I don't think GG cables are a steal.  The Raptures go for about $700 used (much more new) and I thought they were pretty weak.  I also have found that all the GG cables except the Extreme offer pretty poor bass.  Finally, I think Steve drums up business by constantly "discontinuing" cables and then releasing revised versions or new models that are claimed to be superior to the previous GG cables.  He seems to want his customers to stay on the upgrade merry-go-round forever.  That may be standard operating procedure for some commercial manufacturers, but not the case with smaller cable manufacturers.  Finally, if you buy GG cables, stick with the IC's.  The speaker cables are lousy.  I replaced my $1100 Revelation RevR speaker cables with $400 Clear Day cables.  The Clear Days are substantially getter in every respect.

tarquineous

« Reply #24 on: 27 Aug 2011, 12:49 am »
I have owned a lot of Gabriel Gold cables, from the Extremes to the Revelation RevR to the Rapture.  I have replaced all of them over time with better sounding cables that were less expensive from Tara Labs, Purist Audio Design, and Morrow.  So I don't think GG cables are a steal.  The Raptures go for about $700 used (much more new) and I thought they were pretty weak.  I also have found that all the GG cables except the Extreme offer pretty poor bass.  Finally, I think Steve drums up business by constantly "discontinuing" cables and then releasing revised versions or new models that are claimed to be superior to the previous GG cables.  He seems to want his customers to stay on the upgrade merry-go-round forever.  That may be standard operating procedure for some commercial manufacturers, but not the case with smaller cable manufacturers.  Finally, if you buy GG cables, stick with the IC's.  The speaker cables are lousy.  I replaced my $1100 Revelation RevR speaker cables with $400 Clear Day cables.  The Clear Days are substantially getter in every respect.

I own a set of Raptures( early version ), and have to disagree with minimus. I see the same cables offered by GG's website, that I saw more than a year ago.

The Raptures have been the best cables so far, to flesh out the tones of my modified universal player. They do this along with taking out digital glare, that I find quite annoying.

Like most cables, if they don't work for you, it does not mean they are a bad product, but more likely a poor match. In the near future, I plan to get the Rapture R version.

MrAcoustat

« Reply #25 on: 23 Nov 2012, 09:30 pm »
Hi tarquineous, i agree it's always a question of match, i've had the Gabriel Gold Rapture R in my system for over a year now and i have no intention of CHANGING the bass with my Acoustat's is awesome so is the rest, i'm a 100% pro cd addict and the sound is smoothhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.