About time for a meeting?

Scottdazzle

Re: About time for a meeting?
« Reply #20 on: 11 Nov 2006, 12:57 am »
Woodsyi,

Thank you for hosting the listening session last week.  I had a great time and learned a bit about the small companies you guys $upport and tasted a few good brews, too.  I'm looking forward to the next session.  I would like you to come to my house to hear my attempt at high end on a budget.

Scotthobby

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #21 on: 14 Nov 2006, 02:51 pm »
Scott,
It was nice meeting you and I would love to come to your place for a listening session.  Let me know when is good for you, neighbor.  :thumb:

Scottdazzle

« Reply #22 on: 20 Nov 2006, 02:19 am »
Good!  I will be in touch sometime after Thanksgiving weekend. I think I'm going to buy a Music Reference RM-9 this week which should add a little fullness to my system.

Scott

HChi

« Reply #23 on: 20 Nov 2006, 05:15 am »
Good!  I will be in touch sometime after Thanksgiving weekend. I think I'm going to buy a Music Reference RM-9 this week which should add a little fullness to my system.

Scott

Hi Scott,
It sounds like you also got bit by the upgrade bug. Does it have anything to do with knowing some other local crazy friends who are also fanatic about stereo?  :lol:

Since your Thiel dip under 4 ohm and hover around 3 ohm above 100Hz, you may want to double check and make sure RM-9 could handle such difficult load and deliver high current.  Just my 2 cents.  8)

Scottdazzle

« Reply #24 on: 21 Nov 2006, 09:58 pm »
Howard,

The session at Rim's more than confirmed my preference for tubes.  I spotted a new ad on Audiogon for a Music Reference RM-9 and saw that the seller is local, so I got in touch with him and made the deal.  The seller is quite a tube audio afficienado (sp?) and helped me set up the amp to work well in my system.  I'm using the 4 ohm terminals and the gain set to medium.  My my my it do sound good!
I hope to see you at the next gathering.

Scott

HChi

« Reply #25 on: 23 Nov 2006, 01:35 am »
Hi Scott,
I am glad that the Music Reference RM-9 works well in your rig.   Your Thiels have great potential.  :thumb:  I look forward to having a gathering at your place in the future and spinning some CDs in your system. 

To all Mid-Atlantic members,
May you all have a great Thanksgiving!!  Eat well and be very very merry! :D

Howard