WTB: Two.2

dashelj

WTB: Two.2
« on: 18 Jan 2015, 06:08 pm »
Wondering if anyone has one they would like to part with. 

I have seen a few wanted posts here, which is why I posted here instead of the trading post.

Thanks

Adam

gcos

Re: WTB: Two.2
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2015, 10:40 pm »
There is one for sale on audiocircle's Trading post.

dashelj

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2015, 11:05 pm »
I think that one is sold
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=128743.msg1359655#msg1359655

Or he is not a very motivated seller.  I messaged him and replied to the thread to no avail.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb 2015, 01:38 am »
I have a Two.2 with Auricaps and the nice power supply, a couple shell sone of which is Carbon Fiber......I'm only responding because I'd be interested to know how much you'd offer. If its a good deal I might part with it but no promises.

This is the unit next to my Piano CD player. Carbon fiber cover is black

I'm not promising anything but if you want to make some kind of ballpark offer go for it.
I may be into trying a new amp at this point....but I love my TWO.2......
Ed

ericlp151

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2015, 08:52 pm »
dunno, what's the deal with this?  People paying New Prices for used equipment?

Why not just buy a new three?  I haven't heard anyone say the sound is better  between the new ones and the old ones.  Should be almost the same since it still uses a TK2050, the caps might be a bit better sounding, but ceramic caps are good if not prefered then upgraded caps on a two.2.

Not like I'm trying to discourage any sales here, nothing against it.  Just curious what gives?????   Maybe something I don't know and the word is getting around that the two sounds better than the three?

Granted I haven't personally listened to them both, so I can't share my opinion. Maybe Ed, is looking to upgrade to a Three? 

megabigeye

« Reply #5 on: 14 Feb 2015, 03:04 am »
Well, that used Two.2 includes the 130W PSU, and the One.3 is now $499 without the upgraded PSU.

That being said, why not spring for a new One.3?  Seth and Virtue are a dream to deal with.  I think I remember Seth saying something about the two amps sounding very similar.

jseipp

« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2015, 03:23 am »
Adding another voice for dealing with Seth -- he'll guarantee your satisfaction!

The One.3 is an awfully nice little amp, as well :).

dashelj

« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2015, 08:12 pm »
I usually just look for used audio equipment before new as a rule. I like to try different equipment so I usually end up selling stuff.  Makes it more economical to buy used stuff to begin with.  I ended up finding a ONE for a good price, otherwise I was looking at just buying a new ONE.3.  The differences in sound, like you said are likely to be small, sometimes the mental differences are problem.  The two.2 seems more luxurious so if I am looking for a used one, I figured I might as well start there.  I agree that Seth is great to deal with, in the emails I have sent him.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #8 on: 15 Mar 2015, 05:38 am »
Guys,

I love the ONE.3 but if someone is silly to sell a TWO.x cheaply, buy it.  Just don't short the speakers and drive electrostatics or something stupid like that.

Seth

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 22 Nov 2015, 10:34 pm »
I couldn't bring myself to sell mine,  too great of a story behind it.  I just moved to a new apartment and it sounds even better now. Along with my Piano and Squeezebox I use an Ibasso DX90 with its Sabre chips to play high resolution audio files and it sounds great. I also use an aune X1(dac/pre) in the chain.  Seth has always had golden ears as far as I'm concerned!!

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #10 on: 22 Nov 2015, 10:51 pm »
Eddie!  How you doing, Sir?

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 10 Feb 2016, 09:31 pm »
Seth I am awesome.....got a single apartment in a nicer neighborhood and I'm seriously the happiest I've been......speaking of happy !!!

I set up my stuff and tweaked it so all the angles and levels and whatever are good and man it sounds excellent still Seth....
 Here is equipment:

JBL L830 3 way bookshelves
 JBL 12" Subwoofer-old one down firing
 Virtue 2.2 with Auricaps and 130 Watt PS---Jumpered to amp only
 AUNE X1 DAC/Pre/HP amp
 Piano M1 Cd Player using coax output
 WyWires all around

Seth it still sounds like it did when it blew my mind after it burned in, I'm so glad I had a little patience because this baby sounds awesome!!!!!
 Hope you and yours are well!!!!!
 Ed

:dance: :dance: