People's Podcast - New Clayton Interview

Desertpilot

• Retired
People's Podcast - New Clayton Interview
« on: 5 Nov 2021, 12:43 pm »
People's Podcast just posted a new YouTube interview with Clayton.  WOW, 2 hours long.  Tyson gets a "shout out" by Clayton for buying his X3s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SProD8F8LZc

Marcus

Mr. Big

Re: People's Podcast - New Clayton Interview
« Reply #1 on: 5 Nov 2021, 02:08 pm »
Great, like always straight information and very upfront with great design info and the reason behind the speaker. Been waiting for a passive X series speaker and it looks like the new X4 will meet that need.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 6 Nov 2021, 03:56 am »
People's Podcast just posted a new YouTube interview with Clayton.  WOW, 2 hours long.  Tyson gets a "shout out" by Clayton for buying his X3s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SProD8F8LZc

Marcus

What?  Where did that happen?

Daryl Zero

« Reply #3 on: 6 Nov 2021, 04:20 am »
It's pretty quick. He mentions that you bought the X3s and says everyone knows you. Is that true?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 6 Nov 2021, 04:45 am »
It's pretty quick. He mentions that you bought the X3s and says everyone knows you. Is that true?

Not famous, infamous is more like it, haha. 

RonP

« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 2021, 02:14 pm »
Not famous, infamous is more like it, haha.

Infamous > famous  :icon_lol:

ric

« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2021, 02:34 pm »
I watched most of the interview. It's interesting how Clayton needs to be, businessman, tinkerer, innovator, part scientist, pragmatist and at the end of the day, a listener--all without having an ego, so add straight shooter.
I now have more of a sense of not only what he does, but how the business operates. My first audiophile purchase was a pair of B&W 603 (2?) now I know why it was between that and the Snells of the same price, and that was about it--quotas and franchises!
Anyway, interesting, good interview!

StefanS

« Reply #7 on: 10 Nov 2021, 10:41 pm »
I agree, fantastic interview. It confirms how authentic and talented he is. Entering so precisely in man's life is really interesting, it makes you part of an experience that is ultimately very rewarding, you feel lucky having understood how qualitative his work is and being able to enjoy it. We could all have been happy with some other loudspeakers, and without any geek attitude, just by having had the chance to discover him, we are now experiencing fantastic musical moments. I really suffered for 30 years, never finding what i wanted, a real pain. Now i am the most satisfied listener forever. I will come back in 2 weeks about my particular experience with my X3's. Or how room correction unleashed the X3's in a way i would have never imagined. Cheers.