questions regarding direct servo sub kit

drphoto

questions regarding direct servo sub kit
« on: 29 Sep 2008, 01:41 pm »
Can this driver be installed w/ good results in the prebuilt PE sub box? I don't have the tools or time to build a box.

Also, can the dual version of the amp be used w/ only one sub at first, and then add another later for stereo subs, or is the the idea to have 2 drivers in one box for higher output? In other words, if in the future I want stereo subs, can I run them from one DS amp?

thanks

Danny Richie

Re: questions regarding direct servo sub kit
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2008, 03:39 pm »
I really can't recommend the PE boxes as they are pretty flimsy. The box would resonant quite a bit and that would really detract for the great performance of this woofer.

It would be kind of like putting a high horse power engine in an car with a uni-body (no full frame). The horse power of the engine will twist the car in half. So the results would not be what they could be.

Rythmik Audio sells a box for our woofer. See it here: http://www.rythmikaudio.com/gr-amplifiers.html

You can use the amp set up for a pair of woofers and wire it for just one woofer. The difference in the two amps is that the one set up for two woofers has a wiring harness that is set up for two woofers. You can add the second one latter so long as both woofers are the 8 ohm version (SW-12-08).

drphoto

« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2008, 04:41 pm »
When I get ready to purchase, does it matter to you whether the items are ordered from your website or from Rythmik? I want to make sure you make sure you get the best deal for all your hard work.

thanks for the above feedback.

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2008, 09:03 pm »
Well, I certainly make more from it if you order our woofer and their plate amp from me. I do not stock the enclosure though and that would have to be ordered from them.

jn316

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2008, 11:00 pm »
Well, I certainly make more from it if you order our woofer and their plate amp from me. I do not stock the enclosure though and that would have to be ordered from them.

:thumb: