Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers are really nice.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers are really nice.
« Reply #440 on: 24 Sep 2013, 04:05 pm »
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but being that these are inexpensive, has anyone tried stacking a few pair of
them? 

For example, 4 pair, horizontally stacked like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiYjNfKyxNw

Per stack of 4, you probably want to wire 2 in series, and anther 2 in series, and then connect those in parallel to keep the nominal load at 6 ohms.

Being that the cabinet is rounded, horizontally stacking will require something to keep them secured to each other. 

If I get to buying a few pair and playing with them, I'll post my findings  8)

Vinnie

madmaxmedia

« Reply #441 on: 9 Oct 2013, 12:32 am »
Okay, I now have my BS22's set up with a vintage Harman Kardon 330A receiver (EBay find, the shipping cost more than the receiver itself I think), and absolutely LOVE this- first time my stereo could give me goosebumps! The only problem is that this is in my office, and I only get to turn it up at the end of the day after everyone's left.

I have a H/K 730 too, but need to clean the internals (crackle and pop, 1 channel bad). I am 100% happy with this 330A though!

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #442 on: 9 Oct 2013, 07:44 am »

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but being that these are inexpensive, has anyone tried stacking a few pair of
them? 
If I get to buying a few pair and playing with them, I'll post my findings  8)

Vinnie

I'd be interested in hearing the outcome; I have wondered the same thing. Four should do it, although nine would be fun.  :thumb:

Ericus Rex

« Reply #443 on: 9 Oct 2013, 10:54 am »
Has anyone tried two of the center channel speakers, SP-C22, as their LR mains?  The stated freq response is the same but I imagine there would be a different quality to the bass due to the double woofers and let's not forget that they are 3dB more efficient.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #444 on: 9 Oct 2013, 06:33 pm »
I'd be interested in hearing the outcome; I have wondered the same thing. Four should do it, although nine would be fun.  :thumb:

Nine would be a lot of fun.  It would be even more fun to build an amplifier output stage for each one!  8)   Even those Sure Tripath 4 channel
amp boards sold on PartsExpress.com would be a fun experiment.  Two of those boards is $100, and each board is 4-channels.  So make one a left
and one a right output, and that'll take care of 4 pair.

I wish I had more free time to play!  :duh:

Vinnie

Todd Willhoit

« Reply #445 on: 13 Oct 2013, 09:49 pm »
On sale again at Best Buy.

soundbitten1

« Reply #446 on: 13 Oct 2013, 11:58 pm »
I picked up a used pair of the previous model, SP-BS21-LR. They're pretty good. Is there any discernible difference in sound from the BS-22's?

Also, any opinions on the Pioneer SW-8MK2 subwoofer?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #447 on: 14 Oct 2013, 01:18 am »
On sale again at Best Buy.

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the heads up!  I'm going to pick up a pair at my local BB tomorrow night.  Should be fun to play around with, and
I know I'll end up using them long-term for our LCD.  They have to be better than the speakers in the LCD!   :thumb:

I'll post about it soon...

Vinnie

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #448 on: 14 Oct 2013, 02:03 am »
I wonder if these were relabeled and shown at RMAF, .........

nahhh...nevermind.  :icon_twisted:

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
« Reply #449 on: 14 Oct 2013, 03:50 pm »
Think I might have to visit the BB across the street from my office at lunch! I'm trying really hard not to let myself buy 2 pair ($180) and stack them top-to-top or 4 pair ($360) and try them on their sides in a four-high array like Vinnie was suggesting.... fight the urge, fight the urge.

TrungT

« Reply #450 on: 14 Oct 2013, 03:53 pm »
^^^^^
Would be awesome with 4 pair.   :thumb:

Ericus Rex

« Reply #451 on: 14 Oct 2013, 04:51 pm »
Also, any opinions on the Pioneer SW-8MK2 subwoofer?

I got one with my BS-22s during the last BB sale.  I think it ended up being $112 on sale.  I think it's a really good match with the BS-22s.  Very versatile and nearly impossible to beat at the sale price.  I would recommend thinking of it more as the missing woofer to the BS-22 and not expect it to thunderously rock your HT setup...it's only an 8" sub after all.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #452 on: 14 Oct 2013, 05:00 pm »
Think I might have to visit the BB across the street from my office at lunch! I'm trying really hard not to let myself buy 2 pair ($180) and stack them top-to-top or 4 pair ($360) and try them on their sides in a four-high array like Vinnie was suggesting.... fight the urge, fight the urge.
Please report on the outcome if you do buy them :thumb:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #453 on: 14 Oct 2013, 05:41 pm »

You're not the only one fighting the urge for 4-pair at $360!  I already have two "4-channel monoblocks" made up for fun in a proto box.
So each "monoblock" has 4 separate outputs, but they all see the same input. 

Why am I doing this?  For FUN!  :green:

mcgsxr

« Reply #454 on: 14 Oct 2013, 06:29 pm »
Geez, as I am presently enjoying searching for a small set of affordable 2 channel speakers, I sure wish these were at BB in Canada!

For under $125 each, I might have to drive to Buffalo and deal with the border crossing etc.

TrungT

« Reply #455 on: 14 Oct 2013, 06:40 pm »
Vinnie
Go for it, sale end soon.  :lol:
 :thumb:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #456 on: 14 Oct 2013, 07:25 pm »
Vinnie
Go for it, sale end soon.  :lol:
 :thumb:

How soon?  :o

TrungT

« Reply #457 on: 14 Oct 2013, 07:48 pm »
It's BestBuy Weekly Deal, but I'm not too sure when it end.
 :scratch:

Wayner

« Reply #458 on: 14 Oct 2013, 08:28 pm »
Geez, as I am presently enjoying searching for a small set of affordable 2 channel speakers, I sure wish these were at BB in Canada!

For under $125 each, I might have to drive to Buffalo and deal with the border crossing etc.

That price is for the pair.

Wayner

srb

« Reply #459 on: 14 Oct 2013, 08:47 pm »
It's BestBuy Weekly Deal, but I'm not too sure when it end.
 :scratch:

Best Buy Weekly Sales always run from Sunday through Saturday.

There are special sales which run for a shorter time, like the current 'Columbus Day 4 Day Sale' ending today, or the 'Cyber Monday' sale today only, but the Pioneers are part of the Weekly Sale.

Steve