Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers are really nice.

ThomDP

Re: Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers are really nice.
« Reply #200 on: 17 Apr 2013, 10:52 pm »
Are there and deals on the Pioneer speakers right now?

The Amazon price is up to $145.00.

srb

« Reply #201 on: 17 Apr 2013, 11:10 pm »

Doesn't look like anyone has them on sale right now, but keep in mind when you check Amazon, the page may come up defaulted to Amazon's price or one of their marketplace vendors.  In this case, the $145 price is from one of their vendors, Premier Audio Video, but on the right side of the page are links to other vendors, including Amazon itself.  Current Amazon price is $127.49, and the majority of other vendors have them for ~ $130.

Since this topic started they have gone on and off sale every few weeks, so save the link to Amazon and check regularly, just make sure you are looking at the Amazon price.

Steve

roscoeiii

« Reply #202 on: 18 Apr 2013, 12:49 am »

Keep an eye on NewEgg too. It is often mentioned as also having these on sale. Best Buy as well.

charmerci

« Reply #203 on: 18 Apr 2013, 01:56 am »
Pioneer raised the retail price on them because they've become popular (I assume.) $129 may be the discount price on them from now on.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #204 on: 18 Apr 2013, 02:34 am »
Pioneer raised the retail price on them because they've become popular (I assume.) $129 may be the discount price on them from now on.

Yeah, we should be telling Andrew, "Ah, they suck, the only way you'll sell any is to lower the price way down".  Instead we tell him how great they are and how they beat speakers 4x their cost.  I guess it's true, you'll never go broke underestimating an audiophile's intelligence.  :duh:

srb

« Reply #205 on: 18 Apr 2013, 02:40 am »

I'm pretty sure I had seen them on sale in the low ~ $90s after the MSRP increased from $129 to $159, but I haven't seen the earlier $70 sale price since then.  We'll see.

Steve

charmerci

« Reply #206 on: 18 Apr 2013, 04:00 am »
I'm pretty sure I had seen them on sale in the low ~ $90s after the MSRP increased from $129 to $159, but I haven't seen the earlier $70 sale price since then.  We'll see.

Steve

Don't forget there's still the stock on hand that stores bought before the price increase - but yup, we'll see.

As a reference, I bought mine at the end of Feb. and they were manufactured in Jan.

milpai

• My Dedicated Audio Room
« Reply #207 on: 23 Apr 2013, 07:11 pm »
The price on the Pioneers are actually $127.49 on Amazon. But when you search Amazon it always shows the higher price of $146. What you need to do is, click on the "3 new offers" and select the one where it is sold by Amazon (and not their 3rd party). Once you put this in the cart, you will see the price of $127.45. This was how I did a price match with the local BestBuy.
I plan to use the SMSL SA-98 amplifier (65W X2 8 ohms) with this speaker. The source would be our iPod. Eventually will buy the Pure i-20 dock to complete the setup. This setup is for wife and kids. Wife insisted that I spend no more than $300 for their living room music system. I believe, with the Pure dock, I will reach $350 with a good speaker wire and interconnect. But I convinced her that it would be a much better system than the Audioengine A2 or A5 that I intended to get. Did consider the Airmotive 4, but later dropped this idea.

Donald

« Reply #208 on: 23 Apr 2013, 11:51 pm »
Hooked up these little gems with a 15 year old PSB 8 inch passive sub I had laying around. Took them to another level for sure. The old passive sub was designed to pair with the little PSB Alpha's I purchased in the mid to late 90's. Assume crossed over in the 60 to 80 HZ. range, but don't know for sure. Surprisingly good match. :thumb:

Original post:

Needed to take a minute and show off my new "little" Pioneer bookshelf speakers.  Here is a picture of my little Pioneers amongst the big boys. They are the small boxes between the Dunlavy 4A's and the Legacy Whisper XD's. In the middle is the archaic 15 year old 8 inch PSB passive sub I hooked up to supplement the bottom end of the little 4 inch mid/woofer in the Pioneers. Yes, they are outgunned. However, not totally embarrassed by any means. They share some of the same attributes with the big boys. It is hard to believe I am listening to an under $200 speaker package. (Pioneers $90 on sale plus tax and the 15 year old PSB was $99)

Thanks TT for posting the picture below. I was unsuccessful trying to post.
« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2013, 09:34 pm by Donald »

TrungT

« Reply #209 on: 24 Apr 2013, 01:51 am »
Post picture for Donald  :wink:

raysracing

« Reply #210 on: 24 Apr 2013, 02:25 am »
Donald tha is an impressive room. Sure it is not a store showroom?

funkmonkey

« Reply #211 on: 24 Apr 2013, 04:28 am »
...I believe, with the Pure dock, I will reach $350 with a good speaker wire and interconnect. But I convinced her that it would be a much better system than the Audioengine A2 or A5 that I intended to get...

You bring up an interesting question...  not so sure they would sound better than the Audioengine A5, you will certainly have more pieces to the system...  I would love to read any thoughts, or an actual comparison between them because (like you say) cost is about the same [for speaker+amp+dock]  I have a pair of A5s and they make for a really great and simple little system, and the A5+ is supposed to be even better.  I have been contemplating picking up a pair of 22s to set up at work, or for use as surrounds...

milpai

« Reply #212 on: 24 Apr 2013, 08:50 pm »
funkmonkey,
You are right. I will have more pieces in the system. But I am trying to keep the cost down. At the same time, I will have the chance to explore different speakers in the future. The A5+ and the Emotiva Airmotive 4 were very high in the list. But when the price challenge came in, I decided this route. I will post my experience once the complete setup is up and running....which should be at least a week and a half.

LadyDog

« Reply #213 on: 26 Apr 2013, 05:15 pm »
For those still looking, believe they are on sale at Fry's for $69 this week.

ThomDP

« Reply #214 on: 30 Apr 2013, 12:28 am »
The local Walmart has started carrying speakers and receivers. They now stock the spbk 21s for $78 and Sony's entry level speaker for $65. The also carry Sony's entry level sub. Hopefully they will start to carry the sp bs22 after they sell out of the 21's.

A nice change for Walmart. They just don't carry the soundbars and HTIB's anymore.

jackman

« Reply #215 on: 4 May 2013, 08:22 pm »
Hey guys,
Is everyone still enjoying these?   I like mine but don't have them connected at the moment.  Also, did we scare Andrew Jones off?

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #216 on: 4 May 2013, 09:17 pm »
Hey guys,
Is everyone still enjoying these?   I like mine but don't have them connected at the moment.  Also, did we scare Andrew Jones off?

Hey Jackman,

Yep, still enjoying mine!

I bought a pair of the BS22's for my kid and a pair of the C22's (MTM center channel) for me. The sibilance that the towers (bought and returned) produced was there in the C22 as well (although they sounded better than the towers overall). I ended up swapping the crossovers between the BS22's and C22's and WOW!!! That's what I was after when I bought the C22's. A bigger sounding version of the BS22's! :thumb:

My 13 year old daughter prefers the "clarity" of her BS22's with the C22 crossovers, so it's a win-win. :D

Best!

Ruben

charmerci

« Reply #217 on: 5 May 2013, 03:38 am »
Hey guys,

I took mine to a friend's place and hooked them up to some expensive electronics. The high highs definitely roll off and they sound better with a sub but they hold their own against very expensive speakers. Using a sub with the 22's is highly recommended.

milpai

« Reply #218 on: 6 May 2013, 02:51 am »
These speakers are awesome. I finally put our living room system in place.
This is where the kids love to dance to their favourite tune.

Here is the link to my system:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vscnd&1367787674&read&3&zzlMilpai&&

srb

« Reply #219 on: 12 May 2013, 11:04 pm »
Other than a post on 4/26 that referenced a $69 sale at Fry's (where they were referred to as either Famous Brand or Manufacturer), the price has been steady at ~ $130.  Today (5/12) Best Buy put them on sale for $100.

Steve