GASsers: It was my fault, not the amps

Mike D

« on: 1 Apr 2004, 04:24 pm »
One of my tubes ran away on me.  Whichever socket I place one of my KT-88s on quickly blew a fuse.  I replaced that single tube with one of my back ups (different brand, but same size) and everything was back to beautiful.  Sorry 'bout that fellas.  My fault.  My EH tubes are less than a year old.  This has happened with tubes from 'the man' at least three times over the past several years.  Who else does a good job of matching and testing their tubes?  Maybe the tubes just travel too far to retain their long lives.  I don't want to say anything bad about 'the man' out west.  

mike

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 1 Apr 2004, 04:31 pm »
Why not contact "The Man" and see what he has to say?

You might be surprised.

Good Luck.

Mike D

« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2004, 05:16 pm »
HOLY CRAP!!!  I just took your advice, Marbles.  I talked to someone at Upscale and he looked up my account.  It turns out that I am 17 days short of the six month warranty on current production tubes.  I told him about my EH KT88 running away on me.  He is sending me a replacement today!  Then I told him about another tube that made me nervous because I saw the bias meter jump a few times as if the tube was not holding its own very well.  He is going to replace that one too!  All I have to do is send him the runaway tube and the floater.  I then said, "Now if this floater tube acts fine for you , I don't want you to call me up and kick my butt or anything (with a smile and laugh)"  He told me not to worry about it at all.  What sounded like a shabby excuse to me was accepted by him, one of KD's men, without question.  

Happy Days!