Lone Star Audio Fest 2019

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Lone Star Audio Fest 2019
« Reply #20 on: 5 Apr 2019, 03:06 pm »
Of course it's worth it because I'll be there...lol

Since you moved away from us in NC you need to come to TX for your audio fix!
True story! 

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #21 on: 6 Apr 2019, 02:10 am »
I never get that at the big shows actually.  Usually everyone wants my demo disc.   :lol:

well, when you come to lone star bring me a couple or three. :D

displayname

« Reply #22 on: 6 Apr 2019, 06:19 am »
I never get that at the big shows actually.  Usually everyone wants my demo disc.   :lol:
I'm also interested in this demo disc. I love hearing others references for comparison.

barryso

« Reply #23 on: 6 Apr 2019, 12:59 pm »
Is this show worth attending?  Take into account flying, car etc.  I always plan $1k before buying anything.

I fly in for the weekend, too, and it's about $1k by the time you pay for all the little and big things.  It's worth it to me as there aren't many audio retailers around my area anymore and those that are left seem to cater to very, very rich people.  The Texas show has pricey gear but there are always a few rooms that have affordable good stuff, too.

The other thing about the show is the number of rooms with very small companies.  These folks don't go to the big shows as they really can't afford dropping $5k or $7k on a weekend.  So the show gets a lot of small audio companies and generally the person manning the room is the owner of the company and the designer of the gear.  They are generally very forthcoming with their experience and will share good information.  They aren't sales drones.

It's a great weekend.  Very laid back atmosphere and a lot of good will.  You'll hear a lot of great music.

jmolsberg

« Reply #24 on: 6 Apr 2019, 04:27 pm »
^ lots of beers 🍻 To be had too

barryso

« Reply #25 on: 10 Apr 2019, 01:31 pm »

3 weeks until Dallas.   :D

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #26 on: 11 Apr 2019, 01:06 am »
Assembled NX-Treme getting some burn in time for the show.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 11 Apr 2019, 01:20 am »
I fly in for the weekend, too, and it's about $1k by the time you pay for all the little and big things.  It's worth it to me as there aren't many audio retailers around my area anymore and those that are left seem to cater to very, very rich people.  The Texas show has pricey gear but there are always a few rooms that have affordable good stuff, too.

The other thing about the show is the number of rooms with very small companies.  These folks don't go to the big shows as they really can't afford dropping $5k or $7k on a weekend.  So the show gets a lot of small audio companies and generally the person manning the room is the owner of the company and the designer of the gear.  They are generally very forthcoming with their experience and will share good information.  They aren't sales drones.

It's a great weekend.  Very laid back atmosphere and a lot of good will.  You'll hear a lot of great music.
I booked my flight and room today....I'll be there! 

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #28 on: 11 Apr 2019, 01:35 am »
I booked my flight and room today....I'll be there!

Great! I'm looking forward to the fun.

Norman Tracy

« Reply #29 on: 12 Apr 2019, 05:45 pm »
Raven Audio is showing their new Reference and Performance line of speakers at LSAF 2019 along with their fantastic amplifiers.

https://youtu.be/kt_6DlLBvOg

They will be using the new Raven Audio Soniquil cables. From the info on their web site these look to be high value offerings.

https://www.ravenaudio.com/product-category/cables/

Norman Tracy

« Reply #30 on: 12 Apr 2019, 06:01 pm »
I have set myself quite the stretch goal for Audio Crafters Guild LSAF 2019 demo system. New speakers and electronics with work proceeding at a manic pace to transfer the vision from my head and CAD into the real space.

Norman Tracy

« Reply #31 on: 15 Apr 2019, 01:50 pm »
Great news, last week Rick Craig of Selah Audio confirms he will feature two speakers at LSAF 2019, the Omaggio and Ritorno. The Omaggio is a line array and the name means "homage" or tribute" in honor of D.B. Keele and his work. The Ritorno is a 2-way monitor that's a "return" or "throwback" design with a forward-looking bent of technology. On the Selah Audio AC circle Rick has posted the following photos of the Omaggio.

Norman Tracy

« Reply #32 on: 16 Apr 2019, 03:22 pm »

Keeping the laser busy making parts for new models being introduced at LSAF 2019.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #33 on: 16 Apr 2019, 06:37 pm »
Looking forward to the show and not worrying about being snowed in at the airport...lol

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #34 on: 16 Apr 2019, 06:45 pm »
Looking forward to the show and not worrying about being snowed in at the airport...lol
+1

So happy I didn't go to Axpona

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #35 on: 16 Apr 2019, 06:55 pm »
My plane back to Dallas was scheduled to leave at 6:55 pm, but left at 8:30 i thought they were going to cancel.
My question in don't they deal with snow all the time?
It's not like it was freezing rain and ice.

mtrot

« Reply #36 on: 16 Apr 2019, 07:13 pm »
I drove into blowing snow heading south from Axpona last year.  The wind blew so hard that it triggered a traction warning from my vehicle even though the road was not wet!  Darn this climate change.

HT cOz

« Reply #37 on: 17 Apr 2019, 03:09 am »
Great news, last week Rick Craig of Selah Audio confirms he will feature two speakers at LSAF 2019, the Omaggio and Ritorno. The Omaggio is a line array and the name means "homage" or tribute" in honor of D.B. Keele and his work. The Ritorno is a 2-way monitor that's a "return" or "throwback" design with a forward-looking bent of technology. On the Selah Audio AC circle Rick has posted the following photos of the Omaggio.

WOW  :o :o :o :o :o  :popcorn:

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #38 on: 19 Apr 2019, 03:39 pm »
My plane back to Dallas was scheduled to leave at 6:55 pm, but left at 8:30 i thought they were going to cancel.
My question in don't they deal with snow all the time?
It's not like it was freezing rain and ice.

You lucked out Marvin. Sunday morning we sat on the runway after engine de-icing for 2 hours, then 1 hour for wing de-icing. Eventually we went back to the terminal to find out an hour later our flight was cancelled. We were rebooked for Tuesday morning  :cry:

Norman Tracy

« Reply #39 on: 19 Apr 2019, 06:20 pm »
Joshua Miles’s has posted to his Instagram account pics of the tweaking of the JWM Acoustics LSAF 2019 show system.

Tube rolling. Looks like hard work, or more like hardly work at all.