what power cords to use for Reference 20

Samac

Re: what power cords to use for Reference 20
« Reply #60 on: 1 Nov 2017, 12:54 am »
Scott

Might want to consider one of the TWL cords for sale in the Trading Post.  I am using them on the amp, preamp and conditioner and Neotech on the rest in the Main system.  In the system with the Nuprime gear I am using a Neotech on the ST-10 and Cullen Cable on the rest of the gear.  The Cullen's are good cables at fair prices and Patrick is a really good guy.  From all reports Dave at Zenwave makes good stuff too just never tried any.

Hey JackD,

Based on Patrcik's suggestion I've got a Cullen Avius PC with red copper plugs coming Friday. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking forward to trying it. About six weeks ago I replaced my WireWorld Stratus 7 with a Volex PC that I've had for years. If I recall it is said to be made with Belden wire.

Anyway, I've been pleasantly surprised at how well the Volex performs in my system. It has improved the tone and is more relaxed and easier to listen to with an improved soundstage. I'm hoping the Cullen cord will continue to enhance the improvements that the Volex PC has made.

I'll let it settle-in for a couple of weeks and post my impressions. Thanks again.

Cheers,

Scott

JackD

« Reply #61 on: 1 Nov 2017, 01:48 am »
Scott

Glad Patrick was able to set you up. 

john925

« Reply #62 on: 1 Nov 2017, 06:33 am »
I got some new cables from IeGO.  They are the newer version of my current C3.5.  I'll reply the result, soon.

Samac

« Reply #63 on: 4 Nov 2017, 12:13 am »
I got some new cables from IeGO.  They are the newer version of my current C3.5.  I'll reply the result, soon.

The IeGO cables look great. Look forward to your impressions.

Cheers,

Scott

Genez

« Reply #64 on: 4 Nov 2017, 12:35 am »
Just a suggestion about power cables....

If its for a switching amp? Get one that is shielded.  Its why certain Nuprime power cords come with a big choke.  Digital equipment needs that sort of thing to work its best.

rustydoglim

« Reply #65 on: 5 Nov 2017, 10:23 pm »
we have some recommendation on power strip in the website FAQ.  A good power strip with noise filter cost less than $100.

Genez

« Reply #66 on: 5 Nov 2017, 10:55 pm »
Thanks Jason..

Here is the link to NuPrime FAQ....

http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/faq/

Look for power strip under... "Power Supply"    ...