ST of the Month/Week/Day

maxkoz

Re: ST of the Month/Week/Day
« Reply #60 on: 21 Nov 2008, 05:59 pm »
Hey, Im with Peter, wait till its perfect.

I for one will get my ST next week but won't open them till Christmas.  :|

NO FREAKIN WAY!   :D
I will open them before they even get here!

Nuance

« Reply #61 on: 22 Nov 2008, 07:18 am »
:lol:

Hi Salk folks,
I have a pair of SongTower RT's in what is supposed to be a very nice Pelin burl waiting to be unpacked. What seems odd to me is how the way smaller box with the plinths took a less direct route and won't arrive until tomorrow. I'm leaving the towers sealed until the plinths arrive so as to not take any chances on leaving them precariously balanced for a few hours while I admire them. There would also be the unbearable temptation to actually insert power and grin at the the music in the music that I never noticed before. Acquiring the SongTowers was a direct result of needing a new sub woofer and discovering GRAIGSUB!!! From there it was Nuance's excellent adventure to Craigsub's for an under $2000.00 speaker  comparison extravaganza. He went home with Rockets, but something about the SongTowers resonated (ha) with him enough to start a Salk Sound thread. For over a year I've lurked and read owners glowing post's, and nothing but flattering reviews. The addition of the ribbon tweeter commenced a hard sell with my wife that ultimately resulted in my new SongTowers. After the plinths arrive tomorrow, if I can figure out how to do it, I will send pictures. Sometime after that I will send impressions. Like a kid on Christmas  with a huge box under the tree, the late arriving plinths may cause a fitful nights sleep. A disclaimer: this is my first post so I hope it uploads like it's supposed to.
Welcome to the family! 

When you write up your review, please start a new thread.  You deserve your own thread, with LOTS of pics.   :D

I can't wait to see them/hear what you think!

fishinbob

« Reply #62 on: 22 Nov 2008, 03:14 pm »
I have a pair of SongTower RT's in what is supposed to be a very nice Pelin burl waiting to be unpacked. What seems odd to me is how the way smaller box with the plinths took a less direct route and won't arrive until tomorrow.
I just checked the tracking on my Songs and they have gone to Toledo so far, but guess what happens to my plinths? They got shipped to another site and are still in Michigan. Go figure.... it must be the Fed Ex way  :shake:

Looking forward to your pics and wishing I had some of your patience.

Bob

Nuance

« Reply #63 on: 27 Nov 2008, 02:17 am »
The SongTower of the week is Pete's pair of SongTower RT's finished in a stunning Pelin Burl finish.  Gorgeous

fishinbob

« Reply #64 on: 27 Nov 2008, 02:28 pm »
Again, congratulations petertweeter, those are most beautiful indeed.

My RTs and the plinths, by the way, are loaded on a delivery truck in Auburn Wa which is 30 or so miles from my place. I wish there was a way to pick them up myself, but with the holiday, probably not. So it looks like I shall have mine on Friday. I must say that Peters Songs will be a tough act to follow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Bob

petertweeter

« Reply #65 on: 27 Nov 2008, 03:52 pm »
Thanks Fishinbob, and it goes without saying that pictures don't really even come to displaying how gorgeous they really are. By the way,I live south of you in "the 'Couve" (Vancouver, WA). I'm not prepared yet to present my review of the sound, but it is spectacular!! Every thing I had hoped for and more. Hey Nuance, thanks for posting my speakers. How'd you get in my house for the photos?
Happy Thanksgiving all,
Peter

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #66 on: 27 Nov 2008, 06:27 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving All !! 

Hey Bob, once you've got those Bad Boys settled in what are the chances of swapping listening gtgs ? As I'm about 15 miles from Auburn (the booming metropolis of Covington) wouldn't be much of a jaunt. I've got the std STs, a Song Center, and as of yesterday a pair of Song Surround Is (more on those later). I'd love to hear the difference. PM me if it's something you'd consider.

Was fortunate enough to hear a sweet pair of QWs last week, will leave 'review' to the owner who is a member here. For anyone checking out Jim, Dennis, & company's products, maybe looking for something a little more than the Song Towers but less than the HT3s, I would humbly suggest you check with Jim re the QWs. Another outstanding sounding/looking offering.   :thumb:

petertweeter, I'd say 'Enjoy', but that would be inadequately redundant. Like the classic 'arrest me red' Ferrari that looks like it's going 150 mph sitting still, those 'sound' good with no music playing.  :o

Have a safe Holiday.   8)
JD

jsalk

Mexican SongTower guitar burst finish
« Reply #67 on: 29 Nov 2008, 02:10 am »
Max wanted speakers for his home in Mexico City.  He decided on SongTowers in curly cherry, but wanted a deep red/orange color with a dark brown guitar burst fade.  He got a pair of SongTowers and a matching SongCenter with the OW4 upgrade.

Here are the SongTowers...

And here is a close-up...

Happy listening Max!

- Jim

Nuance

« Reply #68 on: 30 Nov 2008, 02:58 am »
Whoa Max, they turned out awesome!  Congratulations man!

Excellent work, Jim!   :thumb:

Enjoy Max!  I expect a full review.  :D

maxkoz

« Reply #69 on: 30 Nov 2008, 06:38 pm »
Whoa Max, they turned out awesome!  Congratulations man!

Excellent work, Jim!   :thumb:

Enjoy Max!  I expect a full review.  :D

Thanks Jim, thanks Nu, couldn't have done it without you  :D

These babies should arrive tomorrow, I cant wait to see them, never mind hear them. I am very excited to say the least.

Will let you know,

Happy Sunday.

Max

Nuance

« Reply #70 on: 1 Dec 2008, 04:50 pm »
:cool:  Keep us posted bud.

Nuance

« Reply #71 on: 1 Dec 2008, 04:52 pm »
The SongTower of the week is Tran002's (from AVS) pair of SongTower QWT's finished in a brilliant Ferrari Red.  :cool:

Source:  http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=14011171&postcount=945

maxkoz

Re: Mexican SongTower guitar burst finish
« Reply #72 on: 9 Dec 2008, 04:46 pm »
Max wanted speakers for his home in Mexico City.  He decided on SongTowers in curly cherry, but wanted a deep red/orange color with a dark brown guitar burst fade.  He got a pair of SongTowers and a matching SongCenter with the OW4 upgrade.

Here are the SongTowers...

And here is a close-up...

Happy listening Max!

- Jim

Still not here. Now they tell me I should get them by saturday. ooo this is painfull  :|

sfox7076

« Reply #73 on: 10 Dec 2008, 04:31 pm »
My SongTowers/SongSurrounds/SongCenter all arrived Friday while I was waiting for my plumber...  I had to wait until Sunday to put them all together.  The quality on the workmanship on these is amazing.  I have to post pictures, but have not had a chance.  I popped the test cd into my Arcam CD player and let the Outlaw amp/preamp do their thing.  I was floored by the first song.  The clarity is unmatched.  I quickly pulled JIm's CD in favor of music I know.  All I can say is wow.  I put in Kathleen Edward's new album and could hear every detail.  The clarity of the mid-range made it easy to hear what she was singing.  I have not yet had a chance to listen to all of the recordings I use to test speakers, but just based on that album alone it, this is a huge upgrade over my Paradigms. 

Shawn

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #74 on: 10 Dec 2008, 07:05 pm »
My SongTowers/SongSurrounds/SongCenter all arrived Friday while I was waiting for my plumber. I have not yet had a chance to listen to all of the recordings I use to test speakers, but just based on that album alone it, this is a huge upgrade over my Paradigms. 

Shawn

hi    I forget--did you get the regular ones, or the  ribbon?

Nuance

« Reply #75 on: 11 Dec 2008, 12:15 am »
My SongTowers/SongSurrounds/SongCenter all arrived Friday while I was waiting for my plumber...  I had to wait until Sunday to put them all together.  The quality on the workmanship on these is amazing.  I have to post pictures, but have not had a chance.  I popped the test cd into my Arcam CD player and let the Outlaw amp/preamp do their thing.  I was floored by the first song.  The clarity is unmatched.  I quickly pulled JIm's CD in favor of music I know.  All I can say is wow.  I put in Kathleen Edward's new album and could hear every detail.  The clarity of the mid-range made it easy to hear what she was singing.  I have not yet had a chance to listen to all of the recordings I use to test speakers, but just based on that album alone it, this is a huge upgrade over my Paradigms. 

Shawn
I am very happy for you.  Welcome to the family.  Now...ehem...post some PICS!   :thumb:

Nuance

« Reply #76 on: 16 Dec 2008, 06:42 pm »
The SongTower of the week is UT Driven's (from AVS) pair of Crotch Mahogany SongTower QWT's

Source:  http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=14164346&postcount=1136

funkmonkey

« Reply #77 on: 16 Dec 2008, 07:59 pm »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Those are gorgeous!  Nice of you to keep us all drooling Nuance   :drool:

:beer: Cheers

jcrane

« Reply #78 on: 19 Dec 2008, 07:16 pm »
The SongTower of the week is Tran002's (from AVS) pair of SongTower QWT's finished in a brilliant Ferrari Red.  :cool:

Source:  http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=14011171&postcount=945

I love these.
They are not for everyone but they are my favorite.
I actually have talked with the wife and when I can finally afford some HT3s, I am going with Ferrai Red!

jamie

rydenfan

« Reply #79 on: 19 Dec 2008, 09:46 pm »
Wow, that should look pretty cool!