ST of the Month/Week/Day

yooper

Re: ST of the Month/Week/Day
« Reply #100 on: 4 Jan 2009, 01:45 pm »
Jim
           Just a suggestion: I would hire a professional photographer to show you the best way to get the wood grains out of your masterpieces I think it would be money well spent for your business, as you well know audiophiles buying your products do so looking at a monitor,  and the rest of us could enjoy just what really outstanding work you do to the extreme!  :thumb:

Funny thing is, Jim has not posted many pics, nor updated his "Speaker Of The Month" for 1 1/2 years.   He is so busy building speakers, he hasn't the time. 

I'm thinking many of the pics posted by new owners help future owners with their decision.

Mark

Rapt

« Reply #101 on: 6 Jan 2009, 03:41 am »
Jim
           Just a suggestion: I would hire a professional photographer to show you the best way to get the wood grains out of your masterpieces I think it would be money well spent for your business, as you well know audiophiles buying your products do so looking at a monitor,  and the rest of us could enjoy just what really outstanding work you do to the extreme!  :thumb:

Funny thing is, Jim has not posted many pics, nor updated his "Speaker Of The Month" for 1 1/2 years.   He is so busy building speakers, he hasn't the time. 

I'm thinking many of the pics posted by new owners help future owners with their decision.

Mark

Good point, Jim keep making speakers, and you owners out there post em up  :thumb:

Nuance

« Reply #102 on: 25 Jan 2009, 02:28 am »
I haven't posted any new pics lately...sorry.  I had better get crackin'.  More to come soon!

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #103 on: 25 Jan 2009, 03:09 am »
I would like to post some photos of my SongTowers, but I haven't been able to take any suitable photos of them.  They are finished in Pau Ferro veneer with a lot of pattern.  The room that they are in is very dark, and when I use the flash, the photos are terrible.  We have more than a foot of snow on the ground, and taking the speakers outside is not very practical.  Does anyone have any suggestions for indoor photos with a Canon SD870 "point and shoot".

Cacophonix

« Reply #104 on: 25 Jan 2009, 04:28 am »
I would like to post some photos of my SongTowers, but I haven't been able to take any suitable photos of them.  They are finished in Pau Ferro veneer with a lot of pattern.  The room that they are in is very dark, and when I use the flash, the photos are terrible.  We have more than a foot of snow on the ground, and taking the speakers outside is not very practical.  Does anyone have any suggestions for indoor photos with a Canon SD870 "point and shoot".

Try using the "night" mode and see if the results are any better. If not, try to increase the exposure setting manually.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #105 on: 25 Jan 2009, 09:28 pm »
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2009, 02:31 am by oneinthepipe »

Nuance

« Reply #106 on: 4 Feb 2009, 08:13 pm »
These are certainly worth adding to the SongTower picture thread.

These are petertweeter's SongTower RT's finished in Pelin Burl.  They are the sexiest SongTower's I've ever seen!  And yes, this is the second time I posted them, but there are new pics now.  :D 

« Last Edit: 5 Feb 2009, 01:11 am by Nuance »

Nuance

« Reply #107 on: 4 Feb 2009, 08:17 pm »
More worthy additions:

Here is a pair of SongTower QWT's finished in Croth Mahogany (owner unknown).  NICE! 

Here is a pair of SongTower RT's finished in Satin Black with Australian Lacewood Stringers (owner unknown). 

Nuance

« Reply #108 on: 24 Jun 2009, 05:47 am »
This thread needs to be revived!  I know there are many new SongTower owner's out there.  This thead hasn't been active since February...  So let's see them - post some new owner's pics!

K Shep

« Reply #109 on: 24 Jun 2009, 02:07 pm »
My SongTower Rt's were "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" yesterday. I waited and waited and waited, called FedEx they said the shipment is on the truck and will be delivered before 8pm. At 7:30 I checked online tracking and the status changed to "Delivery exception". To make this short I drove to FedEx and picked up the packages last night at 8pm. Unfortunately I was unable to give my new addition a proper workout. I did listen to part of Jim's CD and a great classical recording. I will save my impressions for later, but I do want to say my PMC speakers look a little intimidated next to the ST's.