Decided what pre/amp to get but my wallet is saying no!!!!!!!!!!!!

huey driver

Well I've finally decided that Im going t get the McIntosh MX-120 and the MC-205, and yes Im stupid and yes this combo isn't cheap but I fell in love with the McIntosh and now Im going to pay dearly!!

kbuzz3

Hello my name is huey and im a audiophilioic....

welcome

PMAT

Justifications to follow  :lol:

huey driver

Its so true!!  I really have no justification, definitely can't plead ignorance...

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Its so true!!  I really have no justification, definitely can't plead ignorance...
Justification....

You only live once (as far as I know)....so you might as well enjoy it !! :D

or

Its a great system....one that will last me a lifetime...well worth the money.. 8)

Try those.... :beer:

huey driver

Ok I'd like to take "Its a great system....one that will last me a lifetime...well worth the money.." for $500 please...lol   aa

fsimms

You can use my favorite excuse.   This is my entertainment.  If you average the cost of the hours that I will enjoy it, it works out to penny's per hour.  What else can I do to get entertainment for less!

It works for me ;)

Bob

Nuance

From my experience with McIntosh, it's well worth the investment.  You'll have a front end that is worthy of powering your speakers for years to come.  Enjoy, huey!

JP78

hey just a heads up but mcintosh offers one of the best trade-up programs anywhere for original mcintosh owners.  not only do you have a rock-solid product, but if you purchase from an authorized dealer you're guaranteed up to 75% of the value when you're ready for your new mcintosh gear :).

happy listening,

jp

PMAT

It is not what a product costs that is important. It's the total cost of ownership. The original price minus the end value and the maintenance in between. Since an original MC275 sells for close to the new edition its cost was nothing! Free high end gear justification, my favorite. :thumb: 

huey driver

This is all true.  The initial price does sting a bit but in the long run its worth it...i think :roll:

pardales

I think that rationalization/justification aspect of this hobby is half the fun...:lol:..I really liked the McIntosh gear I had and would not hesitate to own some again one day. Don't worry about it and enjoy it. If you have to sell, it will retain its value well. The trade-up program is nice too. Enjoy!!!  :thumb:

WerTicus

she looked 18 i swear!  ohh ummm wrong forum.

what is the price tag on these babies exactly?

mcullinan

lol funny thread.. we are all victims of ourselves when it comes to this hobby! hehe. :)
Mike

huey driver

MX-120 retails at 8,000$
MC-205 retails at 6,500$

:drool: