Amadeus at dealer event

threadkiller

Amadeus at dealer event
« on: 10 Nov 2010, 08:39 pm »
I was recently at a dealer event in Cleveland, held at Don Better Audio, where the Amadeus was featured along with Devore Fidelity's 3XL and various Audio Research products.
It was great to hear such accolades heaped on the Amadeus.  Don has some mucho expensive tables, like the SME20, etc...but he kept going back to the Amadeus.  The Amadeus was sporting a Dynavector XX2.  Good stuff.

mp9

Re: Amadeus at dealer event
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2010, 09:53 pm »
so how much of that would you attribute to the table being very good with small subtle differences from the higher end decks and how much because it's less expensive than those others and more likely to sell?

threadkiller

« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2010, 04:53 am »
Good question, I can't speak for Don, but it seems he was going for sound quality alone, irregardless of price.  And I say it's not small subtle differences.

The Amadeus is not always more likely to sell, even with its sonic excellence. Some people can't get pass the looks of it, mainly the golf ball.  They can't understand that Firebaugh has gone way out of the box and delivered something unique.

ssegrub

« Reply #3 on: 21 Dec 2010, 07:45 am »
I can't see where I can start a new topic so I will extend this one...
New Well Tempered Amadeus Power supply from Black Pearls Audio in Germany looks very interesting and Harry from BP tells me that it is Made in Germanyand  tells me and it is aproved by Bill F and they have sold 5 already. At $325 euros it must be good....

michael w

« Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2010, 01:33 am »
I can't see where I can start a new topic so I will extend this one...

Index page, top right has a New Topic button.

8)

threadkiller

« Reply #5 on: 22 Dec 2010, 06:10 pm »
thanks ssgrub, but I'm not really interested.  I know Mr F ran the table initially on a 9volt, and designed the table not to be influenced by power supply, hence the cheap wallwort.  so if a different power supply could add a great increase in sound quality, I'd be interested, but not by idle rumors, I'd have to have a shootout.