Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

JakeJ

Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #100 on: 22 Nov 2016, 01:53 pm »
Have fun, guys, it'll have to be next time for me.

Jake

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #101 on: 22 Nov 2016, 04:03 pm »
Michael, It would be great to finally meet you after all our communication, hopefully you can make it.

Jake, Really sorry you can't make it. I was looking forward to hanging out with you again, it was a lot of fun!

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #102 on: 22 Nov 2016, 05:38 pm »
I just might drive up from the Willamette valley for a day of tunes and fun.  I wouldn't mind sharing the ride also. :scratch: :scratch:

Alan

P.S.  I don't want to bump a local out of the sweet spot so if there is romm for a stranger???

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #103 on: 22 Nov 2016, 06:02 pm »
I just might drive up from the Willamette valley for a day of tunes and fun.  I wouldn't mind sharing the ride also. :scratch: :scratch:

Alan

P.S.  I don't want to bump a local out of the sweet spot so if there is romm for a stranger???

We have only gotten together once and we were pretty much all strangers until that day. You are more than welcome to attend, it was a lot of fun last time and the people I met don't feel like strangers anymore.

dixi

« Reply #104 on: 22 Nov 2016, 09:10 pm »
Hi Greg,
Will be a pleasure to meet you guys again :) and  maybe,hope some new guys.Last time was really fun and I am sure this time will be the same.This time I can bring my media server if is any interested to compare different sources...please let me know

alexscotti

« Reply #105 on: 23 Nov 2016, 12:01 am »
I would love to come.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #106 on: 23 Nov 2016, 12:10 am »
I would love to come but unfortunately out of town.
Next time!!
Jeff

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #107 on: 23 Nov 2016, 12:54 am »
Hey Flo, glad you can make it again, would love to here different sources for sure. I really enjoy hearing all kinds of different gear, it is an education and fun for all of us.

alexscotti, looking forward to meeting you. Just PM me if you need my address or phone number.

Jeff, darn, was hoping you could make it this time. I'll be doing this again sooner than later, some day you'll get to hear the Super Vs, I don't plan on getting rid of them anytime soon.

Greg

JakeJ

« Reply #108 on: 23 Nov 2016, 01:05 pm »
God, no, don't get rid of the Super V's.  Instead find a pair of those deHavilland 845 monoblocks that MCA brought over.  That combo is audio magic!  I cannot get that sound out of my head.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #109 on: 24 Nov 2016, 08:39 pm »
Greg,

There's always the chance that there will be too much gear at one of these G2Gs, but I'd like to offer to bring any or all of the following items:

AVA 400R amp
Gustard X20u DAC
D Sachs 6SN7 Model 2 preamp with Jupiter Cu caps
Triode Wire Labs loom (RCA, speaker cables, American 10+ PC, Digital American HC PC)

Don is sending me a new rectifier tube that he says adds just a touch more magic to the already amazing sound of my preamp. How could I refuse?

Let me know what to bring. Aldcoll and I have secured permission to drive up together in my vehicle. [I must have made a good impression on Sue for her to sanction this.:lol:

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #110 on: 28 Nov 2016, 09:53 pm »
Greg,

There's always the chance that there will be too much gear at one of these G2Gs, but I'd like to offer to bring any or all of the following items:

AVA 400R amp
Gustard X20u DAC
D Sachs 6SN7 Model 2 preamp with Jupiter Cu caps
Triode Wire Labs loom (RCA, speaker cables, American 10+ PC, Digital American HC PC)

Don is sending me a new rectifier tube that he says adds just a touch more magic to the already amazing sound of my preamp. How could I refuse?

Let me know what to bring. Aldcoll and I have secured permission to drive up together in my vehicle. [I must have made a good impression on Sue for her to sanction this.:lol:

Hi Michael,

We had a lot of gear here last GTG and I think everyone really enjoyed switching it up. I for one would like to hear whatever you decide to bring. Mike has been letting me borrow his 845 amps and they really do sound good. They are very full with a lot of meat on the bone so to speak even thou my Servo Subs are doing the heavy lifting.

Looking forward to meeting you and hanging out.

Greg

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #111 on: 28 Nov 2016, 09:57 pm »
Looks like we have 5 people plus myself so far. Keep me posted as to who can come for sure.

Looking forward to seeing old and new faces...

Greg

mca

« Reply #112 on: 30 Nov 2016, 03:57 am »
I shall be there.

mresseguie

« Reply #113 on: 30 Nov 2016, 05:30 pm »
I'm really looking forward to hearing MCA's 845 amps. Unless I'm mistaken, this will be my first time hearing 845 amps.

Could one of you pull some strings with the Washington State Patrol to arrange a traffic free corridor for Alan and me? It would make our long drive much safer and smoother. Poor Alan will have to put up with my company for a solid four hours up and back. :icon_lol:

aldcoll

« Reply #114 on: 30 Nov 2016, 06:51 pm »
I'm really looking forward to hearing MCA's 845 amps. Unless I'm mistaken, this will be my first time hearing 845 amps.

Could one of you pull some strings with the Washington State Patrol to arrange a traffic free corridor for Alan and me? It would make our long drive much safer and smoother. Poor Alan will have to put up with my company for a solid four hours up and back. :icon_lol:

Just be glad we will be going against the flow of traffic.  The last time I made this trip the N bound I-5 was stopped at the Columbia River trying to get home on a Sunday :thumb:

I am so Looking forward to this.  Did I mention I sleep if I don't drive :sleep:

Alan

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #115 on: 2 Dec 2016, 02:23 am »
Just touching base about Saturday, I thought starting around noon was a good idea since we have a couple of long commuters coming. If you guys from the new country of Oregon want to show up a little earlier I'll put you to work.

Looking forward to seeing all of you. Like last time I do ask that you take your shoes off because it is not that big and gravel and dirt outside and if you want to bring food or drink to share that would be great. I will have some of both here but I have had a long week and will have a long weekend so any help is much appreciated. I don't have JakeJ this time with his chef knife, I do like to cook but who knows what you will end up at least this time.

Bring all the gear you want, the 845s are hooked up now and sound amazing to these ears.

See you all Saturday!

mresseguie

« Reply #116 on: 2 Dec 2016, 03:09 am »
Greg,

Could I persuade you to pm me your address? Without it, we'll be driving blind.  :nono: :lol:

mresseguie

« Reply #117 on: 2 Dec 2016, 03:10 am »
Just be glad we will be going against the flow of traffic.  The last time I made this trip the N bound I-5 was stopped at the Columbia River trying to get home on a Sunday :thumb:

I am so Looking forward to this.  Did I mention I sleep if I don't drive :sleep:

Alan

Oh, cool. We can both sleep. I like to sleep while I'm driving.  :o

mresseguie

« Reply #118 on: 2 Dec 2016, 05:18 am »
Gulp. That's a 4 hour and 25 minute drive assuming no nasty traffic. Perhaps I should have my head examined... :duh:

J/K...I know full well I'd flunk a head examination. Don't tell anyone we're driving back Saturday night. We'll get a screw ball reputation. [They did what?!?]

:green:

aldcoll

« Reply #119 on: 2 Dec 2016, 06:55 pm »
Would anybody be insulted if I brought a pork item slow cooked over wood?

I know the Seattle area is leaning towards trendy tofu and such.

I Just thought I would try and be polite for once this week :thumb: :thumb: