1.5 cu. ft. sealed build w/Scan-Speak Revelator Subwoofer - 32W/4878T

cameraman

I haven't used my 1/2 sheet sander in 20 years since random orbit sanders were invented. I think you would get better results with the Dewalt 5" random orbit sander, faster too.

Researching my old Porter Cable 505 1/2 sheet finish sander and they are still very highly regarded

cameraman

Much better result. The harsh direct sun accentuates a golden brown that doesn't show in the house, it looks darker and closer to an ebony stain.

I did pick up a random orbital sander but have to say my trusty old Porter Cable 505 works much better. The 5" feels like a toy.

I would have liked to try stopping at 120 grit in order to soak up more stain but I am happy with 180.

I have never worked with DuraSeal Quick Coat Penetrating Finish before. It is a stain but includes filler and doesn't even need a finish coat. I will use one though, just haven't decided what to use yet.

My wife prefers the grain pattern on what I had planned for the bottom so these may be flipped before I install the Neutrik speakON Chassis Mount.

cameraman

Installed the Neutrik speakON panel mount connectors and waiting for the silicon to cure. Very happy with the stain match to the floors. This is testing my patience. I sealed the edges where my hand would fit although I probably didn't need to, especially with the oak boards glued over all the edges/seams. I did want to be sure the speakON hole was well sealed.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Those look amazing, I'm a bit jealous.

cameraman

Both subs finished and connected. Still need to run set up and calibration on my Preamp and with Home Theater Bypass, then on my AVR but this is a 2-channel weighted room.