analog and digital components plugged into Torus Power RM15

lmf22

I noticed that many power conditioners have separate banks/outlets for analog and digital components, so that the noise from analog components do not contaminate the digital components, and vice versa (i.e., isolate digital and analog noises).  I have the Torus Power RM15 and it does not have separate digital and analog sections.  Should I be worried, or does the design of the Torus already takes care of the digital/analog isolation?

Also, should high current components (e.g., amp) be plugged into the outlets closest to the power input? (That is how it usually goes for regular power conditioner, right?)

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
Re: analog and digital components plugged into Torus Power RM15
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2014, 02:28 am »

Should I be worried...?

Don't worry. Be happy.  :green:

D.D.

One and a half

Re: analog and digital components plugged into Torus Power RM15
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2014, 09:47 am »
One of the reasons there are different circuits, is that digital circuits can have a frequency range of say 300kHz up to several MHz, so the filtering is designed accordingly.
Analog equipment like Amps, turntables produce lower frequencies in multiples of the line frequency up to about the 11th order of significance. This requires a different narrow band filter to weed out this noise.
It's all a bit of a compromise, because you can never get the right frequency of the filter unless you measure your gear and design it yourself, which is quite a challenge in itself.

High current outlets are built to take the load and the internal components are built to that level, it's not much sense to treat the same for lower power circuits just adds to the cost and doesn't achieve the results anyway.

For interest I recently bought a Monster 1750 power center in front of an Equitech 1kVA transformer.
The Monster didn't make any difference to the sound (really wasn't expecting anything) but there's piece of mind that there's protection.