Heard New Kismit amps speakers at CAS

tubesrule

Heard New Kismit amps speakers at CAS
« on: 21 Sep 2009, 02:01 pm »
Just like to comment on how good this system sounded at the Chicago Audio Society. Klaus was very bright and honest guy, whom i never met till Sunday. I own an upgraded pair of Khartargo Mono Blocks and wanted to meet Klaus and hear his stuff...WOW, those amps and :D Kismit speakers are great. Great sound on all music, i really enjoyed the system and Klaus himself..Kudus for you Klaus and nice meeting you.
Ken From S. Elgin Il.

MaxCast

Re: Heard New Kismit amps speakers at CAS
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2009, 02:11 pm »
Hi Ken, did you take any pics at the event?

tubesrule

« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2009, 02:16 pm »
No but the amps were silver Kismit, and the speakers some kind of medium color brown wood. Very impressive speakers and amps, even the 1500 Candala soundrd great.

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2009, 03:21 pm »
Thanks for the info.  If you hear of anyone with pics please send them this way.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2009, 08:30 am »
Well,  CAS turned out to be much more fun than I thought.   Only had 2 hours of sleep before going up to Chicago on Sunday.  Of course,  f....g traffic sucked,  and I got there way late,  just shortly before starting the seminar.  All in all,  there were only about 25 guys,  then again,  Sunday afternoon at the first Bears home game.....

Anyway, set up the system real quick,  did my introduction,  and listened for 10 minutes or so.  Sounded like crap.  Really,  really bad.  Sooo,  repositioned the speakers,  re-checked the bias,  and voila,  was wayyyyy too high.  Amps didn't charge up enough when I did the initial biasing an hour before that.

Back to music,  and this time it was much better.  Overall I thought that the actual sound of the system in that particular huge room and with little charge - up  was mediocre at best as to compared as the system sounds normally.  However,  people loved it.  Several times there was applause......Even those sitting 3 or 4 chairs off center 30 feet away were cool, since the Loreleis/ Kismets could show off their sound staging.  All in all,  a really enjoyable afternoon with some very cool people. 

Packing the Pacifica was no problem with all the help,  but the drive back was.  Just barely into Indiana I just lost it,  and had to get some rest.  4 hours later,  several phone calls from Irina,  and one hell of a stiff neck,  I got back on the road.  What a day,  but it turned out that other than the fun it was totally worth it.  Got already orders for a Stratos,  and then there are 2 more guys who'll order the Loreleis. 

What a day. 

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2009, 08:35 am »
Hey Ken,  and yes,  great meeting you as well.  And nope,  I don't think that anyone took any pics.