Cryo Cable Experiences

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

KTS

Re: Cryo Cable Experiences
« Reply #21 on: 25 Oct 2023, 09:46 am »
Cryogenic effects on metals are irreversible. Heat will not have an impact on the cable (unless the heat approaches the melting point of the metal).

Thank you for the info, much appreciated.

NIGHTFALL1970

« Reply #23 on: 30 Oct 2023, 02:59 am »
I hooked up my cryoed power cords and speaker cables. The improvements are incredible. Better bass, clearer highs, quieter background. Everything sounds better. Not a subtle improvement. :thumb:

Albums played were Scorpions “Love at First sting “ 1984
Vandenberg S/T 1982
MSG “Built to destroy “ 1984
Saraya S/T 1989

Early B.

« Reply #24 on: 30 Oct 2023, 03:13 am »
I hooked up my cryoed power cords and speaker cables. The improvements are incredible. Better bass, clearer highs, quieter background. Everything sounds better. Not a subtle improvement. :thumb:

This is great feedback. Tell us more. How long did the cryo process take once you sent in your cables? Did you cryo a full loom of power cords? Were they GR Research power cords or another brand?

NIGHTFALL1970

« Reply #25 on: 30 Oct 2023, 09:51 am »
All GR Research cords and it took about a week once they received them.

NIGHTFALL1970

« Reply #26 on: 3 Dec 2023, 10:41 pm »
I just hooked up my new GR-Research B24 power cord to my AVA DVA digital preamp. I played “Make It Real” from Scorpions 1980 CD Animal Magnetism. I was blown away by the improvement in bass and realism. Symbols sound more lifelike. Clarity was improved. Highly recommended!👍

Early B.

« Reply #27 on: 3 Dec 2023, 10:54 pm »
I appreciate the feedback. I sent in five GR Research power cords and another brand of speaker cables. Should be coming out of the cryo chamber soon.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #28 on: 3 Dec 2023, 11:10 pm »
I just hooked up my new GR-Research B24 power cord to my AVA DVA digital preamp. I played “Make It Real” from Scorpions 1980 CD Animal Magnetism. I was blown away by the improvement in bass and realism. Symbols sound more lifelike. Clarity was improved. Highly recommended!👍

Hey Mr.NIGHTFALL1970, lil' bit off topic, but your comment prompted me to play "Lovedrive" by Scorpions, lol.
Oh, congrats on power cord improvement.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #29 on: 4 Dec 2023, 12:17 am »
During summer time, they will definitely need to be shipped via USPS to keep the heat down.
Things are finally cooling down a bit, thankfully, so through winter it will be safe to ship via UPS.
Not really.   The difference between 75* and 110*F is less than a 4% heat change in Kelvin.   

NIGHTFALL1970

« Reply #30 on: 4 Dec 2023, 02:14 am »
Scorpions “Lovedrive” is one of my all time favorite albums ever!👍👍

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #31 on: 4 Dec 2023, 02:48 am »
Scorpions “Lovedrive” is one of my all time favorite albums ever!👍👍

The very same here, then "Animal Magnetism".The last album "Rock Believer" is an excellent release too, it has that 80's feel, IMO.

DonS

« Reply #32 on: 9 Dec 2023, 03:00 am »
Hi guys, I just received my new power cables that I ordered from GR research few days ago. I've already purchased several of these cables and I already know what they sound like. These are additional cables that I have planned on throwing on my subwoofers to replace cheaper cables that I had previously been used. I've already had Danny's cables on my subwoofers before so I knew what those would sound like as well. I put the new cables on and didn't really think much about it, but I did hear a big improvement. To be honest, I was expecting that. A couple of days have gotten by and I rewatched Danny's cryo cable video. That prompted a call to GR research the next day in which I spoke to Danny for a couple of minutes. I'm pretty sure I remember Danny telling me I can use the smaller of the two cables on my DAC. A couple of days after running them on the subwoofers I had that bright idea. After listening for all of about 2 and 1/2 seconds, I started noticing big differences. At the time I would immediately assess that it was a 25% improvement over the untreated cables.
 I feel I'm very in tune with my system. I understand there are certain days of the week where the quality of power that comes out of the wall. Fluctuates. Last night for the life of me I couldn't figure out what's happening. I thought I was having an outer body experience caused by the solar storm. What an exceptional power night I'm having. As I often do. I stayed up way past my bedtime and regretted it this morning.
I went to bed past midnight again. Really my eyes trying to get some lubrication back into them. Smiling as I had towards bed. Thinking the audio gods for my better than exceptional power night. About 2 ft from the bed. I realized Thursdays aren't normally my good night for good power. I was wondering what the hell changed. The new cables!

Danny's going to be receiving a big box of stuff for me to be run through the cryo treatment.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #33 on: 9 Dec 2023, 06:23 am »
With everyone's reviews of their cryo treated GR cables, it's getting harder and harder to not pick up the phone and schedule out the service.

RonP

« Reply #34 on: 20 Dec 2023, 12:55 am »
wow!

I just got my 24 strand speaker cables today and hooked them up. Amazing!
It's like my room got 50% more square footage instantly. The sound stage was so much better over these Blue Jeans Cables. And it.. well.. it just FLOWED more. If that makes any sense.

I had the guys at Denton Audioworks assemble them for me with the ETI Research Bayonet Plug "Banana Plugs" I picked up from VH Audio. Then they were sent up to GR HQ for the Cryo treatment.

Just amazing! A nice upgrade!!

old cables: Blue Jeans Canare 4S11 Speaker Cable, Terminated with Locking Banana Plugs