Amazon

Charles Calkins

Amazon
« on: 23 Apr 2020, 06:52 pm »

Hi Guys:
               I placed an order on Amazon 4/11/2020 for a new audio toy. I checked my banking statement this morning
               and Amazon has refunded me the full price of the toy. I am very confused. Tried to get some info. from Amazon.
               Couldn't. But my order is still on my Amazon order list. Anybody else have this with your Amazon order? :duh: :duh: :duh:

Cheers
                                                          Charlie

charmerci

Re: Amazon
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2020, 07:31 pm »
What's the company? Have you tried them?
Cause many companies just aren't open.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2020, 07:22 pm »

Now Amazon says my audio toy should be here May 12. I'm very confused. Amazon refunded the full price
      my audio toy on April 23. Will my new toy be free? Very strange. I don't think they can make a withdrawal
      from my account  without my permission. Stay tuned this is a very interesting subject. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers
                                                                         Charlie

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2020, 10:02 pm »
Sometimes that may happen particularly when something is ordered from overseas (like China).  They have sellers that come and go and sometimes they may even have problems getting in touch with the seller.  It's hard on this end as for example China Post mailed stuff is difficult to track.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2020, 11:53 pm »
Sometimes that may happen particularly when something is ordered from overseas (like China).  They have sellers that come and go and sometimes they may even have problems getting in touch with the seller.  It's hard on this end as for example China Post mailed stuff is difficult to track.

I understand what you are telling me. If it doesn't get here by May 12 I'll cancel the order.
    Or should I do it right now? Never had a problem with Amazon in the past. I'll just wait and see
    how things go.

Cheers
                                                           Charlie

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2020, 01:24 am »
Don't know how expensive the new toy is but I do know people who ordered inexpensive (less than $20) things on Amazon and they cancelled the order, got their money refunded and then the product showed up almost a month later.  I seldom will order that way from now on.  A few times I ordered things (like tee shirts) and didn't look closely and then got them about 5-6 weeks after the order was place.  So it can be a bit unpredictable.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2020, 08:18 pm »

Another GOOFY thing about my Amazon order. On April 23 Amazon refunded $$$$$$$$$$$$
  to my bank. I did not ask for a refund. Yesterday I canceled the order. Got tired of this head scratching
  trying to figure what was going on with my order.
  This morning I checked my banking statement. Lo and Behold!! Amazon sent me a refund. Same amount
  of $$$$$$$$ I got on April 23. I don't know what to do. Amazon does not have a telephone number listed
  so I could talk to a person. I owe Amazon $$$$$$$$$$$$$ because of the mix ups. I'm confused. Guess
  I'll just have to wait for Amazon to ask for their $$$$$$$$$$.
  This is by far the CRAZIEST thing I've been through.

Cheers
                                                 Charlie

guf

« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2020, 08:21 pm »
1 (888) 280-4331

They have always been extremely helpful and accommodating.

Don_S

« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2020, 08:53 pm »
  Another GOOFY thing about my Amazon order. On April 23 Amazon refunded $$$$$$$$$$$$
  to my bank. I did not ask for a refund. Yesterday I canceled the order. Got tired of this head scratching
  trying to figure what was going on with my order.
  This morning I checked my banking statement. Lo and Behold!! Amazon sent me a refund. Same amount
  of $$$$$$$$ I got on April 23. I don't know what to do. Amazon does not have a telephone number listed
  so I could talk to a person. I owe Amazon $$$$$$$$$$$$$ because of the mix ups. I'm confused. Guess
  I'll just have to wait for Amazon to ask for their $$$$$$$$$$.

Cheers
                                                 Charlie

Charlie, As a shareholder of Amazon I apologize for the confusion. Please send me a check for the proper amount and I will make sure your account is updated and corrected.

charmerci

« Reply #9 on: 29 Apr 2020, 08:56 pm »

What a privileged life you've lived!  :lol:

Charles Calkins

« Reply #10 on: 29 Apr 2020, 11:20 pm »
Charlie, As a shareholder of Amazon I apologize for the confusion. Please send me a check for the proper amount and I will make sure your account is updated and corrected.
Name address  needed before I send you CHECK  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charles Calkins

« Reply #11 on: 29 Apr 2020, 11:22 pm »
What a privileged life you've lived!  :lol:

Care to join me  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charles Calkins

« Reply #12 on: 29 Apr 2020, 11:23 pm »
1 (888) 280-4331

They have always been extremely helpful and accommodating.

Thank you. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

charmerci

« Reply #13 on: 29 Apr 2020, 11:44 pm »
       Care to join me  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Would love to, not doing much right now!
I've had inconveniences more crazy than your amazon experience.
uh, maybe you should withdraw your offer....