Kickstarter DPA pledges

RCduck7

Kickstarter DPA pledges
« on: 6 Aug 2022, 09:58 pm »
Since there are no signs of someone finishing and releasing the Cherry dpa project. Are the ones that supported the kickstarter project and commited to a pledge to own the dpa ever gonna see their money back?

DRHamp

Re: Kickstarter DPA pledges
« Reply #1 on: 6 Aug 2022, 10:08 pm »
I pledged and paid for the dac3  - lost money I assume

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 6 Aug 2022, 10:54 pm »
If I were you I'd reach out to Kickstarter and see if the funds are being held. 

RCduck7

« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2022, 10:57 am »
If I were you I'd reach out to Kickstarter and see if the funds are being held.

I did and i got the following message back...

Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are very sad to hear of this creator’s passing. Unfortunately, once the funding period for a Kickstarter campaign has finished, pledged funds are transferred to the creator and it is up to them to ultimately bring their idea to life. As such, Kickstarter is not able to facilitate refunds on behalf of a creator. Should you wish to dispute this pledge, you are able to file a chargeback with your card-issuing bank at your own discretion.

In some cases, despite the hardship of their loss, a close relative or another member of the creative team may still do their best to finish the project and fulfill any outstanding rewards to backers. If you are in close contact with either, you can encourage them to reach out to us directly to see if we’re able to provide any assistance.

This situation isn’t ideal for anyone, and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best,
Kickstarter Trust & Safety