Support for Shamrock Audio

modwright

• Industry Contributor
    • ModWright Instruments
« on: 16 Sep 2004, 02:23 am »
This is Dan Wright of ModWright LLC.  I just saw the recent posts to the Shamrock Audio site and was pleased and surprised to see new offerings.

I have not heard either of the new designs, but I HAVE heard the Eire and I have to say that it is one of the best speakers that I have ever had the pleasure of hearing in my system - period!  I realize that they are more expensive than the current offerings, but I have to believe that the Eire's siblings share the family sonic character and strengths.

It has been a year or two since I auditioned the Eire's, and at the time I had Atma-Sphere M60 monoblocks.  I found the Eire's to simply excel in every way, excepting ultra-low bass where their phsysical size was the limiting factor.  And by ultra-low bass, I mean sub 30Hz.  The bass and low bass was strong and tight, while the highs simply sparkled and dazzled.  I could find no flaw in the sound of the Eire's.  The ONLY thing that precluded me from buying them was that I really wanted speakers that would dig down near-flat to 20Hz.

I just wanted to express to those who have not heard Shamrock Audio's speakers should do everything they can to audition them.  The Eire's are truly world-class and I am confident that other Shamrock designs are excellent too.

Dan W.

imrer

eire owner
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2004, 05:28 am »
Hi Dan,

I am an eire owner, and one of the reasons that I first contacted Mike about auditioning them was because I read your review of the speakers on Audioasylum when you compared them with your Greybeards.

I had wondered why you elected to keep the Greybeards.  The review made it seem like you preferred the Eire's.  Guess now I know.

Anyway, finally a chance to give a belated thanks to you for unknowingly turning me on to these speakers.

rick

Shamrock Audio

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2004, 02:41 am »
Thanks, Dan, for your support! I really appreciate the kind words. :mrgreen:

This week is just nuts for me, but I'll try and touch base with you later on. :)