Returning new member

mmalkie

Returning new member
« on: 14 Oct 2020, 10:17 pm »
Hello
I'm a returning member after 8 years being away.
I used to own a 4bSST/2 and a BP-20 that actually James Tanner sold to me from their inventory. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I regrettably had to sell them and never thought I would ever be able to own once again. Fortunes changed and I recently purchased a VERY mint black 4B ST (date code 02/18 too!!) from an elderly man at a great price. It looks like it was never used very often as it is in 10/10 condition. So.....once again I am in the Bryston community even though I did own other makes that I could during those times, I would often think of these great products from an even greater company. Especially during these difficult times we are all going through, it was very uplifting to be back!
I have already started to look ahead and contacted Mike Pickett yesterday to verify about getting a silver 19" faceplate with handles to replace my black one. As I recall, Mike is a great man and very efficient and friendly. He is looking into it for me and will let me know when to order it.
All this to say............I love the Bryston sound and quality and mostly the quality service they offer.

I do have one question that I forgot to ask............As I mentioned, I purchased my used equipment at the time directly from Bryston factory through James and was wondering if you (they) still do that? My goal is to take it from here and develop a great system at a moderate price directly from the company if that is possible down the road. Please let me know.

Happy to be back in the Bryston Circle and look forward to reading through the posts over time and asking questions once again.

Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Returning new member
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2020, 12:17 am »
Hello
I'm a returning member after 8 years being away.
I used to own a 4bSST/2 and a BP-20 that actually James Tanner sold to me from their inventory. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I regrettably had to sell them and never thought I would ever be able to own once again. Fortunes changed and I recently purchased a VERY mint black 4B ST (date code 02/18 too!!) from an elderly man at a great price. It looks like it was never used very often as it is in 10/10 condition. So.....once again I am in the Bryston community even though I did own other makes that I could during those times, I would often think of these great products from an even greater company. Especially during these difficult times we are all going through, it was very uplifting to be back!
I have already started to look ahead and contacted Mike Pickett yesterday to verify about getting a silver 19" faceplate with handles to replace my black one. As I recall, Mike is a great man and very efficient and friendly. He is looking into it for me and will let me know when to order it.
All this to say............I love the Bryston sound and quality and mostly the quality service they offer.

I do have one question that I forgot to ask............As I mentioned, I purchased my used equipment at the time directly from Bryston factory through James and was wondering if you (they) still do that? My goal is to take it from here and develop a great system at a moderate price directly from the company if that is possible down the road. Please let me know.

Happy to be back in the Bryston Circle and look forward to reading through the posts over time and asking questions once again.

Thanks

Hi mmalkie

Welcome back sir.

No sorry we do not do refurbished units from the factory any longer.  We sell them to our dealers as a year end B stock.

james

mmalkie

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2020, 01:58 am »
Ok. Thank you. Is it possible to have a list of those dealers in the Montreal region?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2020, 01:02 pm »
Ok. Thank you. Is it possible to have a list of those dealers in the Montreal region?

Below is a list of dealers from our web site https://bryston.com/dealer-locator/

Hope this helps

Audioville
4340 St. Denis Street
Montreal QC H2J 2K8
Canada
Phone: 514-861-8050
Email: steve@audiovilleinc.com

Systems Guinois / Studio Economik
215 St-Augustin
Montreal QC H4C 2N7
Canada
Phone: 514-937-2000