Decent CD player ?

rahimlee54

Re: Decent CD player ?
« Reply #60 on: 21 Apr 2009, 09:17 pm »
Anyone have any experience with the Cambridge Audio DV89, has all the same features of the Oppo, minus the 1080p.  I think any SQ difference would be negligible, but it can be had new for around the same price as the Oppo, just an option as I move toward the DAC.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #61 on: 22 Apr 2009, 04:20 pm »
FYI,

My gut feel reading the forums is that the BD 83 is 2 weeks or so away from going retail...

Alex

TheChairGuy

« Reply #62 on: 22 Apr 2009, 04:37 pm »
Anyone have any experience with the Cambridge Audio DV89, has all the same features of the Oppo, minus the 1080p.  I think any SQ difference would be negligible, but it can be had new for around the same price as the Oppo, just an option as I move toward the DAC.

I've got the Cambridge DVD99, bought it for $299, and I think it's quite good.

It feels reasonably solid and has DVD-A (which is appreciated), SACD capabilities & 1080p video.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CADV99

I have not heard a truly bad CD/DVD player made in the past 4 years...they are now pretty much uniformly good at very low prices across the board (my opinion only, of course).  I have a ~ 3 year old $59 COBY player that sounds good, too....much better than my Pioneer DV-656 circa 2002 or so.

John