Just added a 2nd subwoofer

ihor

Just added a 2nd subwoofer
« on: 4 Feb 2017, 06:33 pm »
Just added a second REL T5 subwoofer to my SAMs.  What an improvement, with my wife commenting (unsolicited) "the sound is even clearer than before!"  The difference between running a stereo pair of subs vs a single sub that sums both channels is immediately noticeable.  The RELs are run using the high-level input, receiving the full signal from my integrated amp.  I hope someday to pick up another pair and try a 'swarm' configuration.  Also, going a full year now with the SAMs and they continue to amaze and please.  Thank you Louis for a great speaker.

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
Re: Just added a 2nd subwoofer
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2017, 07:39 pm »
Nice. Yes. Two subs are better than one. 4 are even better. I have integrated Deep Omega 8's built into my 3XRS's and they sound amazing! I sometimes turn one off just to see what it sounds like, like we agree upon, two is better than one! Enjoy!  :D

Samscal

Re: Just added a 2nd subwoofer
« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2019, 12:13 pm »
Hi had a pair of Cornwall 3,s with a 8watt 300b amp.

They sounded muddy compared to my omega super alnico monitors.
I guess the crossover less makes a huge difference. 

The omega,s have no listening fatigue at all.  Inner detail is more pronounced and since I never listen to them loud, I don’t miss the extra bass of the Cornwall’s.

Of course the omega,s are great with all music except rock which a bigger woofer will shine.
The omega,s originally were purchased for another system , but they never made it there.
There just to good to put in a second system.  Much more pleasurable listening experience without crossovers.