New V3 users chime in

gammajo

Re: New V3 users chime in
« Reply #160 on: 24 Jan 2010, 08:12 pm »
Also I think that class D's I have heard are much more sensitive to set including vibration control and additional weight on top, plus clean power and protecting other equipment from any power interferenhce from the D's. Without proper attention to these things D's can sound very unpleasant in the highs with digital front ends, and with them the V2 Ref 9 is sweet. I think this accounts for much of the difference of opinion as well as some nacebo effect, meaning such a small relatively inexpensive box can not possibly measure up to the big guys.

worldcat

« Reply #161 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:42 pm »
I have the PS Audio's new Perfect Wave Combo (dac and trans) the sound i am getting is in another world.  Not digital at all.

Caar

« Reply #162 on: 30 Jan 2010, 11:36 am »
At around 180 hours of burning, V3 is a clear winner over V2, I have no doubt now.
Specially the depth.
If this tendency goes on, one day, I'll be into the middle of the band, listening to what they are playing.
Well done  :thumb:.
Cheers.

worldcat

« Reply #163 on: 30 Jan 2010, 11:26 pm »
V3 is in a different world than V2 and V2 was amazing.  Just more accurate amp.  It does all the things people say amps should do and they do them at a high level.

gammajo

« Reply #164 on: 8 Feb 2010, 02:15 pm »
Reporting in. My number came up for the upgrade. I have silver units and wanted to change to black and was willing to pay the price of new covers. I also did not want to be without the amps because due to a broken leg, I am home bound and listening many hours each day to my system. Nuforce is immediately sending me already upgraded black units at the basic $800 upgrade price. And I don't have to send mine in until the new ones arrive. What nice people at Nuforce to do this. Excited to hear the V3's by the end of the week. How about updates on how peoples V3's are sounding now with more hours on them

LTMS

« Reply #165 on: 8 Feb 2010, 05:25 pm »
Reporting in. My number came up for the upgrade. I have silver units and wanted to change to black and was willing to pay the price of new covers. I also did not want to be without the amps because due to a broken leg, I am home bound and listening many hours each day to my system. Nuforce is immediately sending me already upgraded black units at the basic $800 upgrade price. And I don't have to send mine in until the new ones arrive. What nice people at Nuforce to do this. Excited to hear the V3's by the end of the week. How about updates on how peoples V3's are sounding now with more hours on them

Thats great, some people are superb :)

Thomas

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #166 on: 10 Feb 2010, 02:11 pm »

Thats great for you what a great time to be a Nuforce customer. You are going to love the AH and Ref 9 SE V3 combo the size of your soundstage just doubled side to side and to the back. Enjoy the music and get that wheel healed and give us your thoughts.

gammajo

« Reply #167 on: 10 Feb 2010, 02:35 pm »
Thanks Thomas and Beachbum. I will keep you posted. It sure is fun waiting for some new equipment - like the week before Christmas.

JayDoubleU

« Reply #168 on: 16 Feb 2010, 11:05 pm »
I now have some 300 hours on my upgraded Ref 9 SE V3's. Yesterday I finalized the burning-in process with the Isotek Full System Enhancer (twice) and the Densen Demagic CD. The sound is amazing, stage is so much wider, deeper and even taller than before. My speakers are Gallo Reference 3.1, which tend to have a low stage, but that problem seems solved now as well. Any harsh high frequencies (if there ever were any) are gone, voices stand out beautifully. The lower gain is not an issue, just turn up the volume!
I have gone through all the upgrades of my original Ref 9's, every step has been an improvement. I wonder if any room for improvement is left. V4 will be a great challenge for NuForce  :icon_lol:

worldcat

« Reply #169 on: 16 Feb 2010, 11:15 pm »
I agree with you Jay DoubleU.  Soon REF 18 will be coming out.   It should be even better:) :eyebrows:

Welborne

• I love open baffle with 100db sensitivity!
« Reply #170 on: 17 Feb 2010, 11:51 am »
I have to say that the best thing about v3 is depth of soundstage. I think the ultra blackness and lack of phase shift shrill on top end has a lot to do with this. :thumb:

WerTicus

« Reply #171 on: 21 Feb 2010, 04:45 am »
i borrowed some 9v3 se's for the weekend, its going to be hard to go back to my 8b's

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #172 on: 21 Feb 2010, 06:59 am »
i borrowed some 9v3 se's for the weekend, its going to be hard to go back to my 8b's

Unless you need the extra power, 8b can be upgraded to V3.

charliefoxtrot

« Reply #173 on: 21 Feb 2010, 09:05 am »
Jason.

First of all let me say how pleased I am with my IA 7 V3. It´s my first NuForce product.

However, I´m curious to know if you are looking into the matter of the slow volume controll. Yes, I`m aware of the on button + input selection to jump to a given volume level. Clever, all though it can be hazardous! (people, jumping to level 4 might not be such a good idea. I´ve tried...).

Any comments? 

WerTicus

« Reply #174 on: 21 Feb 2010, 05:09 pm »
interesting, i wonder how much of what i like about the 9's is the power.  I generally don't think i use all the 8's power anyway.

gammajo

« Reply #175 on: 26 Feb 2010, 01:50 am »
I received my V3 SE’s and have had only one day between business trips to play with them but wanted to share the joy of my first impressions. The context, for me is that the V2 Se’s were excellent in terms of bass control, detail, and clarity, much like a finely cut diamond in sound on excellent CD recordings. On less than stellar recordings for me there was a touch of treble brightness and edge. I was concerned that it may have been a result of my live room.
Right out of the box I can tell that the V3 is a significant level improvement. I immediately noticed that the sound stage seems at least 5 feet wider for the instruments, but more significantly it feels as if the hall ambience from the side of the stage is more present and realistic and feels like it extends another 10 feet. There is an obvious increase in musicality, realism, and balance. The treble is sweeter and tamer yet sparkles with life. This is the first switching amp that I would say is as pleasureful and musical as a fine Class A amp such as Pass Labs XA100.5. Many recordings that I would have said were a bit hard now sound beautiful. The V3 has an engaging sound and after about 5 hours of listening there is no fatigue. Listening in the kitchen, one room away from the system, it sounds more like live music playing in the other room. The new units are also more attractive than the V2. I know that there is more break-in time needed but I could not be happier. No issues with the Audio Horizons preamp in terms of gain, just went from 11'oclock, to 1 o'clock for max volume. Great job, Nuforce.

worldcat

« Reply #176 on: 26 Feb 2010, 02:25 am »
gammajo; you haven't heard anything yet!

gammajo

« Reply #177 on: 26 Feb 2010, 02:31 am »
I can't wait to get back next week to continue my listening.

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #178 on: 28 Feb 2010, 03:30 am »
you will be enjoying all of your music even the disks you dont play because of sound quality. with V3 you will be in music haven and enjoy the ride though breakin gammajo.

gammajo

« Reply #179 on: 12 Mar 2010, 03:05 pm »
Followup: with 100 plus hours on the V3's I continue to be very pleased. On all important sound dimensions these babies are excellent. I continue to be amazed at the sound stage width and ambience. I have not experienced the dramatic depth increase mentioned by some but there is definitely more air around instruments, clearer layering front to back, and more precise positioning.
Many old CD's (every Mobile Fidelity Moody Blue's) are now more pleasureful and filled with surprising sonic treats. Sound is exciting but civilized and natural.