Sonic Orbiter V2

gocubs42

Sonic Orbiter V2
« on: 14 Sep 2014, 03:12 pm »
Jesus, Tell us more about the V2 version of the Orbiter. What will the flash drive do for the orbiter's performance? How about the SOtm USB's impact on SQ along with the various power supplies. All of this looks wonderful and should be a real competitor in this getting to be crowded product line. Do you have any comparisons with the Rendu models you provide. Thanks for your time, this "V2" looks very appealing.

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
Re: test
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2014, 10:58 pm »
Jesus, Tell us more about the V2 version of the Orbiter. What will the flash drive do for the orbiter's performance? How about the SOtm USB's impact on SQ along with the various power supplies. All of this looks wonderful and should be a real competitor in this getting to be crowded product line. Do you have any comparisons with the Rendu models you provide. Thanks for your time, this "V2" looks very appealing.

This unit is significantly faster....faster boot times and the services all run faster on it. The MB has a proven track record with us having built a lot of music servers on it. Using mSATA makes this a very simple and clean system without a bunch of wires to give off and/or absorb noise. There are no moving parts so the unit is dead quiet. The SOtM card is IMO and the ultimate USB output for any music server. The SOtM card = audiophile piece of mind. A lot of people asked us to add the SOtM card to the Sonic Orbiter, but it was not possible on the original and a redesign was needed. The external power supply allows endless tweaking of the system since your not locked into one power solution. I'm not going to compare the Sonic Orbiter to the Rendu....you either want USB or SPDIF/i2s. You have to decide accordingly and I promise not to judge:)

Jesus R

gocubs42

Re: test
« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2014, 11:23 am »
Yea, I'm an Orbiter guy. The Orbiter gives great flexibility allowing LMS, DLNA and airplay....Now looks like I need to sell my Verision I and pick up the V2....thanks

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
Sonicorbiter V2 - discontinued
« Reply #3 on: 3 Sep 2016, 07:19 pm »
The Sonicorbiter V2 has been discontinued.