"the Problem" solved

mjosef

"the Problem" solved
« on: 17 Dec 2013, 01:10 am »
Marcos Maidana really worked over Broner in their fight over the weekend, just perfect.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/marcos-maidana-unanimously-outpoints-adrien-045702914--box.html

Now lets see someone give the Money Man the same kinda opposition.

dB Cooper

Re: "the Problem" solved
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2013, 07:59 pm »
This will actually probably make Broner a better fighter. Now that he knows he CAN be beat (I didn't think he was gonna hear the final bell), he will probably work harder at his craft. He might wanna reconsider welter though. Granted Maidana is one of the bigger punchers at that weight, but I was surprised how quickly he was able to seriously hurt Broner. Malignaggi wasn't exactly a stern test in that regard.

Yeah, I wanna see Floyd get a humility crash course too.

dB Cooper

Re: "the Problem" solved
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2014, 04:11 am »
Broner is exercising his rematch clause. All the usual talk about how he had an 'off night', 'things will be different this time' etc. I dunno. It wasn't like Maidana wore him down over time; he was hurting Broner almost as soon as the opening bell rang. The look on Broner's face reminded me of the look on Duran's when he went up against Hearns- you could just tell he had never been hit that hard before. Maidana didn't just win; he dominated. Broner did show heart hanging in there though.

Obviously Broner is a fighter who has never paid much attention to defense. He might wanna re-think that. Rematch to be mid to late April.