Looking for a long-trip vehicle. Suggestions?

ketchup

Re: Looking for a long-trip vehicle. Suggestions?
« Reply #20 on: 18 Jan 2024, 11:11 pm »
2011-2017 Caprice PPV.  Built in Australia by Holden.  Front engine, RWD, 6.0L LS.  I drove one from Mississippi to Philadelphia and it felt like I was in it for an hour.  By far the most comfortable car I've ever driven.  Faster than most cars, too.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #21 on: 19 Jan 2024, 01:49 pm »
My 2023 Lexus 300h would fit all your needs except for the dog crate.  43 mpg, quiet, comfortable, lots of safety features. 

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #22 on: 19 Jan 2024, 02:13 pm »
My 2023 Lexus 300h would fit all your needs except for the dog crate. 43 mpg, quiet, comfortable, lots of safety features.

JDoyle

« Reply #23 on: 19 Jan 2024, 02:19 pm »
Have you considered a pickup truck? For long drives they're great due to their big comfy seats, spacious, they sit up high, they're relatively safe, and there are plenty of options within your budget. Add a camper top and you'll have more space than you can use (your dog would love it).

+1. I have a Honda Ridgeline and it’s a great vehicle for my long drives from NY to FL.

Add a cap for the puppy crate and you’re good to go…

Flycl65 captain

« Reply #24 on: 19 Jan 2024, 03:40 pm »
I have a Genesis GV80.  It has been a fantastic car.  Highway driving has been a breeze because of the Level II auto drive.  To top it off... I bought the Advanced trim, and paid $61k out the door.

Basically, it is a copy... the exterior was designed by Luc Donckerwolke, who was the designer from Bently.  The interior is a copy of Range Rover.  The suspension work was done by Albert Biermann, former head of the M Division at BMW.

In other words, they took the best of everything and rolled it up into this...