richeydog

Re: A request for Danny - LS Center Channel Kit
« Reply #180 on: 4 Jun 2011, 06:24 pm »
Rdog, you can see pics of the enclosure on page 5 of this thread. :thumb:

Thanks Ruben.  :duh:  :thumb:

Beatcoaster

« Reply #181 on: 9 Jun 2011, 05:15 am »
I'm so happy this is moving forward for everyone.  Within the past months I have found my wife and I are having our first child, and subsequently found out we are having twins, and then found out we are having a boy and a girl (fraternal)...We are super excited, but it's a little bittersweet, as my funds are obviously directed elsewhere for a good amount of time!! hehe, I still can't wait to see this speaker and dream for it one day! :) :wink: 

Jerrin

« Reply #182 on: 9 Jun 2011, 03:15 pm »
Ruben, you have PM.     

Jerrin

« Reply #183 on: 9 Jun 2011, 03:17 pm »
I'm so happy this is moving forward for everyone.  Within the past months I have found my wife and I are having our first child, and subsequently found out we are having twins, and then found out we are having a boy and a girl (fraternal)...We are super excited, but it's a little bittersweet, as my funds are obviously directed elsewhere for a good amount of time!! hehe, I still can't wait to see this speaker and dream for it one day! :) :wink:

That's fantastic!  Congratulations Beatcoster!!!

rseynaev

« Reply #184 on: 9 Jun 2011, 03:35 pm »

Wow!  Congrats! 

You can come down and listen to mine once I get them :)

Randy

Danny Richie

« Reply #185 on: 21 Jun 2011, 06:28 pm »
I have been working on this the last few days and I think I have it all worked out. Time for a little listening now.

edoggrc51

« Reply #186 on: 21 Jun 2011, 07:23 pm »
Very cool! Keep us posted bud! :)

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #187 on: 21 Jun 2011, 07:26 pm »
I'm excited. :)

Danny Richie

« Reply #188 on: 21 Jun 2011, 09:54 pm »
As it stands the balance is real good and really smooth. Most of the workload is handled by the two center woofers, and horizontal off axis looks pretty good. I'd say you have a good coverage range out to 20 degrees off axis each way. Seating outside that range will notice a softening in the 1.5kHz to 2kHz range from the horizontal canceling effect of the two center woofers. Because the four outer woofers are only playing the lowest ranges they only show about 1db drop off in output 30 degrees off axis and about 3db of drop off at 40 degrees off axis (at least above 200Hz).

So this center channel will have a minimum of side wall reflections in the lower ranges.

Looks to me like at about 40Hz and down the workload of the woofers is pretty even. Above that and the center two woofers start really handling the bulk of the load. So on most bass notes they are the ones really working the hardest. With 6 woofers sharing the work load down low, power handling is pretty high. I beat on these things pretty hard playing music with heavy bass tracks and the woofers eased right through it.

For most music it will appear as if the outer woofers are hardly even working at all.

I tried all 6 woofers as M-130X's but the impedance dropped a little too low. I also tried using M-130/16's as the centers and standard M-130's on the four outside positions. This made the output a little heavy in the bottom end. I then tried using M-130/16's as the inside woofer and all M-130X woofers on the outside. This gave the best balance and used the most simplistic crossover.

I also tuned the box to 36Hz. This was a range where the woofers should be a good 6 to 8db down (by the numbers). So if this center channel is set up as close as 4 to 6 inches from the wall behind it then it will add a good 3db or more of output in that range. That plus the collective gain from all six woofers could give most users an in room -3db in the mid 30's.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #189 on: 21 Jun 2011, 10:04 pm »
Sounds good! :dance:

I'm ready to get to work...

Standing by for pricing. :hyper:

Ruben

edoggrc51

« Reply #190 on: 21 Jun 2011, 10:04 pm »
WOW! Sounds like a complete BEAST!  :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #191 on: 21 Jun 2011, 10:08 pm »

Danny Richie

« Reply #192 on: 21 Jun 2011, 10:34 pm »
Looks like parts cost total comes to $559.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #193 on: 21 Jun 2011, 11:35 pm »
Great!

Can't wait to get the first LS-C finished. :thumb:

Thanks,

Ruben

edoggrc51

« Reply #194 on: 21 Jun 2011, 11:59 pm »
What do you guys think a fully assembled "ready-to-rock" LS-C speaker will sell for???

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #195 on: 22 Jun 2011, 12:10 am »
Hi Eric,

Depends on finish.

I can do something like the X-Voce and veneer the baffles only and finish the rest in a Satin Black. That would cut cost considerably for the veneered version and they would still look great!

You inquired about Satin Rosewood, correct?

Thanks,

Ruben

edoggrc51

« Reply #196 on: 22 Jun 2011, 12:16 am »
Could ya quote me both? An LS-C with a full satin rosewood finish and also an "x-Voce style" satin rosewood LC-C?

Thanks man!!!  :thumb:

jvgillow

« Reply #197 on: 22 Jun 2011, 12:40 am »
Ruben,

If you make them in piano black I would definitely be interested in buying one.

devste

« Reply #198 on: 22 Jun 2011, 01:40 am »
Hi Ruben,

Sent you a PM requesting some prices for LS-C full satin rosewood and a X-voce type LS-C with satin rosewood face.

Thanks

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #199 on: 22 Jun 2011, 01:43 am »
Ruben,

If you make them in piano black I would definitely be interested in buying one.

Hi Jeremy,

Piano Black is definitely an option. :thumb:

Here's a few pics showing some Piano Black finish work that I've done for GR customers.

Thanks!

Ruben