need high output MC for WTL Amadeus

rec

need high output MC for WTL Amadeus
« on: 2 Sep 2020, 01:49 pm »
would appreciate hearing your recommendations and any listening details for planned upgrade from my Dynavector 10X4 mkII

mick wolfe

Re: need high output MC for WTL Amadeus
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2020, 04:01 pm »
If you're staying in the high output camp, I would also consider some of the better MM's as well.  I don't know that a high output MC offers any great advantage over the better MM's available. That said, if you like the Dynavector house sound, maybe move on to the DV-20XH. On the MM side, I'd check out the Clearaudio MM's starting with the V2 Ebony. No personal experience with either, but both are well reviewed and should be fine with the Amadeus arm. Bottom line is that this is just scratching the surface of the available options. Hopefully others will chime in.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2020, 12:13 am »
What is your budget? I am completely satisfied with my HANA SL. The SH is the high output version. I’m using it on an Acoustic Signature Triple X and it is gorgeous and brilliant as others have said. I’m looking at the Sumiko Songbird for a possible second cartridge but it’s going to be tough to beat.

G E

« Reply #3 on: 9 Sep 2020, 04:15 pm »
Earlier this year i moved up to Grado Ref 3 from their RefMaster v1 and it was a significant step up.

Far more nuance. Brass, woodwinds and female vocals star

jjss49

« Reply #4 on: 9 Nov 2020, 11:22 pm »
i can strongly recommend a benz micro glider h o