Plaudits for Dulcets

panderso

Plaudits for Dulcets
« on: 6 Feb 2005, 06:52 pm »
Check out fresh praise for the Dulcets in issue 34 of Hi-Fi +, as well as the award in issue 36 of the same 'zine. See also current issue 71 of UHF Magazine for further recognition of these little gems. I couldn't agree more.  Nothing makes me happier than a good review of gear I just bought...

Always happy to hear from any Dulcet owners who think they've found the perfect amp to drive the little beauties...

Come to think of it, 'Plaudits' would be a pretty good name for a high end line of electronics.... Is it already taken? If not, consider it copyrighted.

McShads

Re: Plaudits for Dulcets
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2008, 02:58 pm »

Always happy to hear from any Dulcet owners who think they've found the perfect amp to drive the little beauties...

Have you yet?

panderso

Re: Plaudits for Dulcets
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2008, 03:13 pm »

Have you yet?

I wouldn't say so.  Densen 110, Simaudio I-5 are the best SS I've tried for Dulcets.  Densen has more pace, Simaudio more ambience.  I've preferred tubes with these speakers; Manley Stingray and ASL 1001 DT are different from one another,  both terrific, but I don't like the heat they put out.  Could be great in a cool climate without central heating though.
         regards,
                    -paul-