Anybody heard the Psvane Cossor KT88?

Promee

Anybody heard the Psvane Cossor KT88?
« on: 22 Nov 2020, 01:54 am »
Hi Tube-O-Phile Circle,

This is my first post is this section, so quick intro is in order. My name is Jeff and I live in Denver. In the past year, I have fallen into the deep rabbit hole of vacuum tube amplifiers. I had the major misfortune of firing up my amp the other day and finding out that one of my Psvane KT88-T MkII premium tubes had blown after 5 months of moderate use. C’est la vie. So, while I’m waiting for my replacement to come in, Tyson has been kind enough to loan me several quads of different varieties to do some rolling. I have really taken a liking to the WE6ca7+ from Shuguang. I have been looking for the equivalent KT88, but as I’m sure many of you know, they’re in short supply. I love the Psvane tubes, and during my searching came across the Cossor KT88 replicas they’re doing. Can’t find any reviews on them. Just curious if any of you all have heard them / can give impressions. For reference, I’m using a modified VTA70 with NOS RCA 6SN7s in the preamp stage and a D Sachs line stage with WE6SN7 (not the plus version). Any thoughts you have would be valued!

Thanks!
-Promee

GeAllan70

Re: Anybody heard the Psvane Cossor KT88?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2020, 01:52 pm »
Sexy!!

8)

morganc

« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2020, 07:16 am »
Hi Tube-O-Phile Circle,

This is my first post is this section, so quick intro is in order. My name is Jeff and I live in Denver. In the past year, I have fallen into the deep rabbit hole of vacuum tube amplifiers. I had the major misfortune of firing up my amp the other day and finding out that one of my Psvane KT88-T MkII premium tubes had blown after 5 months of moderate use. C’est la vie. So, while I’m waiting for my replacement to come in, Tyson has been kind enough to loan me several quads of different varieties to do some rolling. I have really taken a liking to the WE6ca7+ from Shuguang. I have been looking for the equivalent KT88, but as I’m sure many of you know, they’re in short supply. I love the Psvane tubes, and during my searching came across the Cossor KT88 replicas they’re doing. Can’t find any reviews on them. Just curious if any of you all have heard them / can give impressions. For reference, I’m using a modified VTA70 with NOS RCA 6SN7s in the preamp stage and a D Sachs line stage with WE6SN7 (not the plus version). Any thoughts you have would be valued!

Thanks!
-Promee

Any updates?  I'm looking for new KT-88's for my Don Sachs Kootenay.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec 2020, 08:00 am »
Without softstart and double power on switches all tubes have short life.

morganc

« Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2020, 07:06 pm »
Without softstart and double power on switches all tubes have short life.

What does that have to do with the topic at hand? 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 13 Dec 2020, 09:48 pm »
What does that have to do with the topic at hand?
I had the major misfortune of firing up my amp the other day and finding out that one of my Psvane KT88-T MkII premium tubes had blown after 5 months of moderate use. C’est la vie. So, while I’m waiting for my replacement to come in,

morganc

« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2020, 02:20 am »
Ahhh....I thought I or you must have posted on the wrong thread as I didn't see that connection !  Now I do!  Thanks.

jostber

« Reply #7 on: 14 Dec 2020, 02:57 am »
I just bought these new Tung-Sol 6550 tubes from Audionote UK for my Bob Carver Cherry180 amps. These works very well in this Hifi sysyem.

jjss49

« Reply #8 on: 14 Dec 2020, 06:27 am »
+1

stick with russian made tungsol or gold lion reissue kt88's - buy them from a source that tests them and burns them in before selling - like kevin deal or jim mcshane

luckyguy

« Reply #9 on: 14 Dec 2020, 09:30 pm »
Hello.  I'm running KT88 Gold Lions in my Heathkit monoblocks W6Ms.  I've had a tech switch those to triode mode 3 years ago and am still running the original British tubes.  Clarity and smoothness combined with long life.  Pentode mode supplies more upfront presentation if that's your bag.  JMHO.  PS.  I'm also running Sylvania 67SN true 3 hole Bad Boys also long lived and quite holographic.