FS: Selah Audio SS3DP Dipole Speakers

0stackers

FS: Selah Audio SS3DP Dipole Speakers
« on: 26 Jun 2009, 03:43 am »
I moved from my rental to a new home, and while I love it, it is too small to handle all of my speaker setups. I'm pretty much forced to go with in-walls for all my setups except for one in which I'll be using small stand mounts. So I'm forced to sell my custom made Selah Audio SS3DP Dipole Speakers.

Each speaker features a 1" Scan Speak AirCirc 6600 tweeter, two 5" Scan Speak slit-cone Revelator mids operating in dipole configuring, and two 8" Scan Speak Revelator aluminum cone woofers in a sealed cabinet. The cabinets are finished in tineo veneer with wenge trim.

Specifications:

Frequency Response : 44hz-20K (+/-3db)

Impedance: 4 ohms (nominal) , 3.2 ohms (minimum)

Sensitivity: 87.5db / 1W / 1M

Power Handling: up to 200 watts RMS

Original price: $7,000

Asking only $2,800 OBO. This is the definition of the word "steal" but I must sell. Remember that the raw drivers alone in these retail for well over $2,000.

The SS3DP's were designed to be used in a medium sized room or combined with a subwoofer for a truly full-range system in any sized room. The sealed enclosure makes integration with a sub a snap.

The only similar speakers that I'm aware of that have been demoed by the press are the Selah Audio 3D's. Of course these are not the same speakers and do not use the same drivers however Scan Speak drivers are world class and the reports on the 3D's may help to give you a glimpse at Rick Craig's ability to create a top-notch dipole speaker...

Positive Feedback RMAF Show Report
"The Selah Audio/Blue Circle/Home Audio Connection room was really a surprise. The Selah 3D speakers featuring an open baffle for the mid and tweeter with a vented woofer cabinet were both articulate and dynamic and made some beautiful music with the BC gear. These speakers were one of my favorites of the show, and in my opinion bested many highly hyped big name brands by a mile. The sound was anything but clinical and the imaging was lifelike and tangible."

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue28/rmafsr.htm

The Stereo Times RMAF Show Report
"The Blue Circle/Selah Audio Room put Bill Wells (photo right) and I in a virtual sonic spin-cycle. Here was a full blown Blue Circle setup composed of a (soon to be announced) Blue Circle BmPH integrated and BC501 D to A converter strapped to a Stello transport. Blue Circle BC92 (shotgun, bi-wire configuration) speaker cabling, BC95 interconnects, BC62 AC Cords and AC conditioning (BC602 and BC606). Loudspeakers were the surprisingly involving, open and musical sounding Selah Audio 3D loudspeakers($5k) employing an open rear baffle design reminiscent of my old Von Schweikert VR4.5s. Supported by a 10" woofer housed in its own separate enclosure, this ceramic mid-driver and ribbon tweeter had me revisiting this room again and again. It was this room in particular that threw me for a sonic loop. Considering the cost of this entire setup, the sound was absolutely stellar regardless of price. The Stello transport, very affordable at $995, performed quite impressively with Blue Circle's new prototype BC501 dac. I considered this room as my reference in affordability/performance."     

http://www.stereotimes.com/ShowReportRM2006.shtml

Here's a link to my very brief impressions of the SS3DP's: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=48636.msg462859#msg462859

You can view the SS3DP's on the Selah Audio website's Gallery here. http://www.selahaudio.com/id103.html

Pictures to follow...
« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2009, 09:17 pm by 0stackers »

0stackers

Re: Selah Audio SS3DP Dipole Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2009, 03:56 am »
These speakers are gorgeous as you can see in the following pictures...

Blemishes are pictured below
The only flaws are a couple of very small scratches on one sides of the enclosure, a rub mark on one of the rear corners and some scratches on the bottoms of the cabinets. Again I stress that these blemishes are very minor and can only be seen upon close inspection.

Some pics taken by Rick.

Spec graphs

Shipping:
The speakers will be professionally packed - double-boxed with 4" of foam surrounding all sides. This will cost well over $100. I will foot the bill for the packing job.
The actual shipping cost that I was quoted was $400 to the West coast and $500 to the East coast or Texas.

I will charge a flat-rate of $400 to anywhere in the lower continental United States. If actual shipping is less then I will charge actual shipping, if it is more then that's on me.

I will also meet you half-way anywhere within 250 miles distance from Colorado Springs, CO. I must receive payment first though.

Local pick up is also welcomed.

I have 271 positive feedbacks on eBay with zero negatives or neutrals - eBay name: moosebury.

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2009, 09:13 pm by 0stackers »

0stackers

Re: FS: Selah Audio SS3DP Dipole Speakers ~Price Reduced~
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jul 2009, 03:21 am »
Bump for price reduction. Now asking only $2,800 OBO!

0stackers

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2009, 06:54 am »
^^^bump^^^

0stackers

« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2009, 09:44 am »
^^^bump^^^

0stackers

Re: FS: Selah Audio SS3DP Dipole Speakers
« Reply #5 on: 11 Sep 2009, 09:16 pm »
^^^bump^^^