Album Artwork From iTunes???

John151

Album Artwork From iTunes???
« on: 28 Jan 2008, 01:07 am »
For those of you using iTunes, are you downloading artwork from iStore?  I don't have an account, and don't know didley about artwork.  However, from the "What are you listening to now" thread, it appears I am about the only one around here w/o artwork.  Any input will be greatly appreciated.

orthobiz

Re: Album Artwork From iTunes???
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2008, 01:40 am »
I use equinox CoverScout. Lots of choices from Amazon and the web at large for artwork. iTunes left lots of albums blank. My iTunes library comes from actual CD's that I own at least 99.9 percent of the time.

Other than uploading artwork to my gallery and then putting into a post, a roundabout process that I still haven't done, I don't have a clue as to how people put artwork into their "what I'm listening to now" posts.

Paul

The Computer Audiophile

• Computer Audiophile
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2008, 01:46 am »
I use iTunes to find the cover art. When it doesn't work I go to Amazon and drag the photo on to my album and all is well.

As far as putting album art in your posts, just click the insert imge button and then the path to an image on Amazon or wherever.

John151

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2008, 02:00 am »
Is there a cost for the album art from these places? 

The Computer Audiophile

• Computer Audiophile
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2008, 02:01 am »
Is there a cost for the album art from these places? 

no, it's free (for now)

John151

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2008, 04:14 am »
I set up an iTunes account, and iTunes automatically downloaded the artwork.  Wow, that was easy, and I really dig having the artwork display in iTunes (I was missing that with EAC on the PC).  It did not get them all, but did a darn good job.  I will attempt to chase down the remainders elsewhere. 

Thanks for the assistance!

GEC

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2008, 04:58 am »
The Amazon Album Art widget works good.  Check that "currently playing album" is selected on the back of the widget to set the artwork for the whole album.  Also there are different Amazon store sites that can be searched.

GEC

Crimson

« Reply #7 on: 28 Jan 2008, 10:49 am »
I mostly use iTunes, but for the odd album artwork that can't be located I use Clutter.

PhilNYC

« Reply #8 on: 28 Jan 2008, 06:21 pm »
I had manually added album cover artwork to my music folders for use with Slimserver (added covers as cover.jpg files and put them in the album folder).  Later, I tried getting covers via iTunes, and for some reason Slimserver "lost" all of my covers...the covers stopped showing up in the Slimserver web interface.  Then I upgraded Slimserver to v.7.0 and in the new Slimserver interface, all of my original covers came back...

flatmap

« Reply #9 on: 28 Jan 2008, 08:53 pm »
Another option when the iTunes store doesn't have the cover art:  albumart.org