Trends UD-10 USB converter

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Trends UD-10 USB converter
« Reply #20 on: 30 Jan 2008, 11:18 pm »
Well I received my Channel Island VDC-SB power supply today,,, very well built,nice little blue light on the faceplate that matches up nice with the Trends faceplate light. There was absolutely no problem plugging this power supply into the UD 10.1 and there was even a lesser problem listening to this gorgeous sound. In lue of the stock IEC cord that comes with the PS, I'm using a VH audio Flavor 4 power cord, a little heavy for this power supply but it's a simple matter of tieing down the power cord to my Sanus rack, something I'm doing with all my power cords anyways.

Now for the sound, what can I say other than it simply blows away the battery pak which blew away the USB power. This Trends/Channel Island is the best audio I've ever had out of my system and at an incredibly low price when compared to your high end CDP's. $300,,,,shipping included! Now I'm not including a dAC cuz I use a Sunfire processor, sorta has it's own dAC. :lol:

As I was helped by GHM, if anyone needs help or has questions, please feel free to PM me. I lived with good audio thru my M-audio Rev7 sound card & DFX Audio Enhancer for 3 years, yea it was good, real good. But I've just taken a quantum leap from where i was and at such a low pricepoint, that's what's got me staggered here. I highly recommend this matchup.  :thumb: