rosconey

a candela is burning :)
« Reply #20 on: 25 May 2006, 08:10 am »
well its been a month or so playing with this pig-
yes i called it a pig so what-

ITS HOGGING ALL MY FREE TIME

a few words for who ever is next to recieve one-
find some tubes that arent the stock ones-
it went from a little better overall than the tempest to just plain jaw dropping when i installed some  nos ge -
have a few more in the system i grabbed off ebay to try-

lazydays

« Reply #21 on: 25 May 2006, 05:05 pm »
Quote from: rosconey
well its been a month or so playing with this pig-
yes i called it a pig so what-

ITS HOGGING ALL MY FREE TIME

a few words for who ever is next to recieve one-
find some tubes that arent the stock ones-
it went from a little better overall than the tempest to just plain jaw dropping when i installed some  nos ge -
have a few more in the system i grabbed off ebay to try-

well mine is looking tobe a July delivery date, so you could at least let me know what tubes you used? Get my extreme monoblocs tonight! YES!!
gary

rosconey

« Reply #22 on: 25 May 2006, 09:42 pm »
some ge 6189 triple plates off ebay for 20 each-installed
4 hamond organ tubes on the way-11 dollars shipped
and 2 brimar also off ebay 40 shipped also enroute

it doesnt cost alot to vastly improve the sound-like all tube units i guess-

lazydays

« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2006, 04:37 pm »
some ge 6189 triple plates off ebay for 20 each-installed
4 hamond organ tubes on the way-11 dollars shipped
and 2 brimar also off ebay 40 shipped also enroute

it doesnt cost alot to vastly improve the sound-like all tube units i guess-

Well I now have these two big white boxes setting in my living room (75lb. a piece), that are about as awkwards as anything I've picked in quite awhile. So this weekend we'll be running them 24/7. Will feed them with one of the four preamps I have laying around, and into a pair of Polk speakers I normally will use in my home theater system. Hope the neighbors understand!

The 6189 tube is a new one for me. I have a bunch of 12 series tubes as well as several matched pairs of 5751's, but none of these. Klaus told me last night that I'd be breaking in my new preamp in July, so I guess I'd best get to looking around. Gonna be a busy weeked I see!
gary

rosconey

« Reply #24 on: 26 May 2006, 04:50 pm »
the brimars just showed up -so far im not impressed-they are not warmed up yet so ill see what happens-better than stock but short of the 6189's

6189 might be a military designation-the brimars are 13d5 or something like that-

rosconey

« Reply #25 on: 27 May 2006, 02:09 pm »
the brimars had some break in to do i guess-they sound real nice this morning-

lazydays

« Reply #26 on: 27 May 2006, 05:28 pm »
the brimars just showed up -so far im not impressed-they are not warmed up yet so ill see what happens-better than stock but short of the 6189's

6189 might be a military designation-the brimars are 13d5 or something like that-

thanks to my over zealous spending habits I find myself working today instead of listening to Miles davis on the T.T.!! I have access to a huge manual at work that probably can cross this tube, but if not I have a second and even a third source. I'll post the results sometime next week.
      This time tomorrow I'll have those two new arc welders breaking in for that long 300 hrs. Looks tobe the better part of the month of June! Life is fun when you got new toys!
gary

TheChairGuy

« Reply #27 on: 27 May 2006, 06:42 pm »
rosco,

10-15 hours should do it on running in new tubes.  If they sound lousy to begin with and get better - congratulate yourself on actually getting NOS, instead of used as so many truly are (yet labelled NOS) on ebay.

rosconey

« Reply #28 on: 28 May 2006, 01:01 pm »
the last tubes arrived in yesterdays mail-12au7a hamond organ tubes(a quad)-11 dollars well spent
ANYONE WITH A CANDELA ON ORDER-BUY SOME OF THESE-

the emotion that comes from these is unreal-stunning-
last night was awsome-

and no im not selling my extra set-get your own-