dknywinnie

• Music for Life
Re: B&W N805 Crossover components Upgrade
« Reply #20 on: 8 Feb 2019, 05:44 am »
I've got all the parts from Jeff but just could not find time to do it.  :duh:

sherod

« Reply #21 on: 8 Feb 2019, 06:41 am »
Thanks for the update. If and when you find the time to start the project perhaps you could possibly provide some pics of your work. I just bought a used set of N805 speakers and plan to upgrade the crossovers myself. I have a feeling that better caps and resistors will improve the transparency and other good things with this upgrade.

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
« Reply #22 on: 8 Feb 2019, 09:12 am »
I'd be happy to cut either one of you a deal on labor  :wink: :D

sherod

« Reply #23 on: 8 Feb 2019, 03:48 pm »
Thank you, Jeff. I'll definitely keep that in mind for a possibility. Also, a while back you mentioned a new prototype film and foil cap you had. I can't see anything new on your film cap list. Did this cap ever go into production?

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
« Reply #24 on: 10 Feb 2019, 06:22 am »
Well...  I ran a pre-production production run.  So, I have a pretty good pile of caps, but Bas Lim (RelCap) decided to hang it up after 40 years.  After all, he was in his 80s.  Several revelations followed as I considered an offer Bas made to me.  It turned out not to be.  However, Wilson Audio decided to purchase the operation.  The reason you do not see the caps is because I'm not sure what the future holds at this point.

In any event, if I were given your desired results, and these caps happen to fit the bill, I would have you covered.