Van Alstine Transcendence Eight Tube DAC on A'gon $779

BrianM

Re: Van Alstine Transcendence Eight Tube DAC on A'gon $779
« Reply #20 on: 10 Mar 2009, 06:27 pm »
What's wrong with making the ocean a quieter place? It was time for the USSR's noise-polluting subs to change their ways. Good for you Toshiba.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #21 on: 10 Mar 2009, 06:32 pm »
Did Toshiba use this noise suppression technology in their consumer audio gear? :P

-Roy

turkey

« Reply #22 on: 10 Mar 2009, 06:35 pm »
Frank, I hope this is not the reason why you quit using the Toshiba transistors, I thought we are not supposed to let politic gets in the way of our music listening, some of the Russian music is very beautiful.

It wasn't politics, it enabled the USSR to more effectively threaten the United States and the safety of every single person in the world. For $540 million dollars. And who ever defined what we are "supposed to" do? It wasn't and isn't some sort of word game, its deadly serious business. How much beautiful Russian music are you going to listen to when you are blown up?

Brett

Exactly.

I decided to boycott Toshiba back then and have seen no reason to change my stance now. I regard Toshiba as an enemy of the United States.

Corporations are rarely punished for their criminal actions, and I can't do much about that. But I can hit them where they live - their cash flow.

I try to make sure they're not getting any of my money, and I let others know how I feel too.

turkey

« Reply #23 on: 10 Mar 2009, 06:38 pm »
Did Toshiba use this noise suppression technology in their consumer audio gear? :P

-Roy

It wasn't noise suppression technology as such.

Try Googling for "toshiba kongsberg"

turkey

« Reply #24 on: 10 Mar 2009, 06:42 pm »
BTW, it's still an issue, given the saber-rattling and belligerence exhibited recently by the Kremlin, and given that Hugo Chavez is actively courting the Russians like his idol did.

Because of Toshiba, the Russians have nuclear subs that are more difficult to detect. So this still affects the safety of everyone in the US, and significant parts of the rest of the world too.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #25 on: 10 Mar 2009, 06:50 pm »
No politics! :nono:

BrianM

« Reply #26 on: 10 Mar 2009, 06:56 pm »
So this still affects the safety of everyone in the US, and significant parts of the rest of the world too.

Presumably you're boycotting the US government, too, for having armed so many of our current enemies.

avahifi

« Reply #27 on: 10 Mar 2009, 07:31 pm »
Ahem,

I have been informed that this thread has turned to the dreaded discussion of politics!

We all need to stop it now.

Sorry about that.

Frank Van Alsitne

Art_Chicago

« Reply #28 on: 10 Mar 2009, 11:38 pm »
Darn it, Frank! But you've started it, you've stopped it. I was just going to :duel: with the hawks like turkey, but... too late  :(
Last word: want to second BrianM, his music taste matches mine also!
Yeah, and this thread started with the T-8 DAC... :roll:

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #29 on: 11 Mar 2009, 11:18 pm »
I smashed my Toshiba DVD/CD transport!!! Using the Sony now....

God Bless America!

Audios,
Pete