Otis

« on: 6 Jan 2005, 06:43 am »
« Last Edit: 2 Feb 2011, 06:54 pm by Otis »

avahifi

• Facilitator
    • http://www.avahifi.com
T6 changes
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2005, 12:47 pm »
The detents in the volume control can be removed, but its a tedious job.  The control must be removed, taken apart, and a spring in the first section removed and then the control reassembled and reintalled, all without damaging anything.  Its an hour shop job here, and not for a first time trier.

The indicator lamp is a tiny neon bulb built into the power switch and is not accessable for replacement without replacing the switch, and they come in no other color.  It would be possible to replace the switch with the non - lighted version as used in the other locations.  It would also be possible (but expensive) to then add a LED of any color as an indicator, but that would require drilling the inner and outer faceplates, and proper wiring the LED with required dropping resistor value into the DC side of the power supply (the in-switch neon is AC power directly from the switch wiring).  It would also be possible to simply remove power to the existing neon terminal on the switch, but then the wiring there would have to be carefully tied off to an isolated unground terminal strip that would need to be added inside the chassis. Any changes would have to be made here.

Note that parts ordered for special one-off applications are very expensive. I doubt if the changes you want are really cost effective.

Frank Van Alstine

xgen

Minor T6 mods feasible?
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2005, 02:39 pm »
I also would like the volume control without steppings. The volume between the 4th and the 5th click is either too low or too loud for me. Somewhere in the middle would be idea for my living room.