Adding another pair of X-LS encores and need wire advice.

patricksalter

So I'm adding another pair of encores to my home theater setup to support Dolby Atmos.  I upgraded the encores with sonic apps and mills resistors.  I'm looking for suggestions for long run speaker wires. I was considering some blue jeans speaker wires.   Any suggestions?  The runs will be about 20-25' long.   

roscoe65

Re: Adding another pair of X-LS encores and need wire advice.
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2017, 03:06 am »
I'm fond of Supra Cable, available from Madisound.  The Atmos height speakers won't need that much power.  The smallest (15ga) Supra wire runs about $1.00/foot.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2017, 05:16 am »
Blue jeans is a good choice.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2017, 10:31 am »
I'm fond of Supra Cable, available from Madisound.  The Atmos height speakers won't need that much power.  The smallest (15ga) Supra wire runs about $1.00/foot.

+1

Check impedance and length of cable runs to size the gauge.  15 gauge should be good for 15 feet/4 ohm or 25 feet/8 ohm.

Captainhemo

« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2017, 05:27 pm »
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=121612.msg1280583#msg1280583
See post 1  & post 12.

I've built a fw pairs of these now and  all who are using them are more than pleased
I've only been  doing the  4 wire version but you could  do a  6 wire version   if you wanted

The 4 wire braid is simple..... lay the 4 wires out in a  row then ... outer  left wire over middle 2,  then outer right wire over  "new' iner right.  Repeat for length of  cable.

jay

cody69

« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2017, 11:00 pm »
+1 Blue Jean Cable
I use it for several LS-C and AV-1s and am quite pleased.

I've built a fw pairs of these now and  all who are using them are more than pleased
I've only been  doing the  4 wire version but you could  do a  6 wire version   if you wanted
Jay, at some point I want to give this a try so thanks for re-posting the thread.

patricksalter

« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2017, 06:25 am »
Think I'll go with Bluejeans cables.  Especially since these are for a Dolby Atmos speakers that will go on the ceiling, and the rear channel speakers (also a pair of X-LS Encores) and they are running Bluejeans cables.  Might as well match them up right?