2023 Audio Shows

Mr Peabody

2023 Audio Shows
« on: 13 Dec 2022, 08:56 pm »
Florida Show in 2/2023, Axpona 4/2023, anyone going, any news?

There is a YouTube video called "In Stereo With Mike & Rick" episode 8 I believe is an interview and talk of the FL Show.

Looks like I will probably attend Axpona with some friends.

bewgow

Re: 2023 Audio Shows
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2022, 12:54 am »
I am going to Florida in February. Nice escape from MA weather for a weekend.

Mr Peabody

« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2022, 10:34 pm »
Bewgow you are attending the FL Audio Show?  That is one I need to make one year.  Maybe next year plan ahead and do that opposed to AXPONA again.  I enjoy AXPONA but have been there several times.  Including 2023, my friend got tickets so I reserved rooms.

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2022, 02:18 am »
VPE Electrodynamics will exhibit at AXPONA in April 2023.  We will be in Rm. 502.  We will show our Little Dipole Woofers with Maggie LRS speakers on MagnaRiser stands, and three new speakers.  The first new model is the Model 2 Dipole woofer intended for use with the bigger Maggies (3.7 and 20.7).  The second is our new Crystal Dipole which is a major modification of the Pass Slot-Loaded Open Baffle, featuring an acrylic baffle board and the Cube Audio F10 Select full-range driver.  This one is a world-beater and should make some waves in Chicago.  The fourth one is still a work in progress - our full-range DSP loudspeaker called the VPE Airfoil.  The Airfoil is the result of computational analysis of the wave equation and features a curved diffraction-less cabinet with a dipole slot to provide panel speaker imaging with dynamic driver power.  The Airfoil will be a powered speaker using SB Acoustics and Dayton Audio drivers, Schiit Aegir power amplifiers, and a DSP-based crossover / equalization unit.

Attached are pictures of our Model 2 and Crystal Dipole speakers we are bringing to the show.  We are also updating our website and should have something for everyone to see shortly.

Mr Peabody

« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2022, 02:35 am »
That is cool Don, I'll be looking forward to the website and will help spread the word around for you.

electricbear

« Reply #5 on: 3 Feb 2023, 07:29 pm »
Hey friends,
                    long time no visit or post. I'll be going to the show in Tampa on the Saturday.
If any of you are heading this way please let me know. We could hook up for coffee, dinner etc.

Tim

ptman

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2023, 11:51 pm »
Unable to make either Axpona or Florida. Live music here in St Louis I want to hear makes for conflict (subscriber series at Jazz St Louis and the Sheldon). Maybe next year!

orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
    • Orchard Audio
« Reply #7 on: 30 Mar 2023, 04:08 pm »
I will be at AXPONA.
Orchard Audio amps and streamers will be in rooms 1229 and 1230 powering Endow Audio (www.endowaudio.com) speakers.

Mr Peabody

« Reply #8 on: 20 Apr 2023, 05:45 pm »
Well AXPONA 2023 is in the can.

Don had his Maggies sounding good.

I found a nice product from Butcher Block Acoustics for those of us who have turntables sold without dust covers.  It's a wood isolation board with feet, it has a groove cut around the top where a dust cover fits.  It's sold as a package including dust cover for less than I've seen some of the dust covers go for.

A couple of the big rooms I like was Karan with Wynn Audio, Piego speakers with BAT, VAC with Acora speakers and the Bending Wave room with ARC and Goebel speakers. 

Dr. Vinyl had a good room with Socorro Turntable/Margari electronics with Usher speakers.  Bel Canto E1X room sounded very good.  I was impressed with an Unison Research integrated with 845 tubes driving Opera speakers.  Aurender introduced the AP20 which was driving a set of Wilson, the combo sounded great, the AP20 is a all-in-one 200x2 system.  The Infigo room sounded great.  I enjoyed the MSB electronics with Magico M2. 

Clairisys speakers were in 2 rooms, one with Constellation and the other with Hegel.  You might want to give Clairisys a look if you are an Apogee fan.  I liked their sound, sort of bottom up with good timbre.

Stereo Haven had a room showing a Jadis amp, I think Renault speakers, of course he is spinning vinyl.  The room had a ribbon showing "Best of Show".  Stereo Haven is in Edwardsville.

The guys at Music For Pleasure had a room but it was full when we walked by and I never got back that way.  The sign showed Atoll and they were probably using Adam speakers.

I did get into the headphone area for a bit, I found I am now a big Dan Clark fan.  The electrostats sounded great and I like his dynamic closed back set very well.

This is just scratching the surface of the show.  a lot of fun if you like the audio.

It would be cool to get a GAS group together one year to go.

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
« Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2023, 08:25 am »
Thank you Mr. Peabody !  We had a good time and got a nice reviews !  We had at least 200 people thru a day.  We gave away all our flyers by Saturday afternoon.  Crazy but good.
People through a day !

We plan to set the speakers and signal chain up as demonstrated at AXPONA in my HT and mancave so the GASer’s that missed us can hear it soon.  Let me know what dates work for youse dudes and dudettes !