Vibration control?

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Re: Vibration control?
« Reply #20 on: 19 Dec 2019, 08:03 pm »
THe least expensive with the no mods allowed to room is mass under.. Patio slab. bricks... Anything that weighs down the floor so it no longer bounces it the 'just right' frequency (it is now at). a pile of cement bricks, a large patio slab or four... on the floor under around on the rack bottom. I promise it will change the issue. A two foot round two inch thick slab weighs around 80 pounds... Or square ones.. or small bricks...

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #21 on: 19 Dec 2019, 08:49 pm »
THe least expensive with the no mods allowed to room is mass under.. Patio slab. bricks... Anything that weighs down the floor so it no longer bounces it the 'just right' frequency (it is now at). a pile of cement bricks, a large patio slab or four... on the floor under around on the rack bottom. I promise it will change the issue. A two foot round two inch thick slab weighs around 80 pounds... Or square ones.. or small bricks...

VG advice as well.

charles

Kimiimacman

« Reply #22 on: 19 Dec 2019, 11:14 pm »
With which you could start a side business as a builders merchant  :lol:

speshal

« Reply #23 on: 11 Sep 2020, 01:16 pm »
I would suggest decoupling and there are very cost effective solutions.  In fact, I did a video series testing various vibration control products, and there were a ton more I didn't even video.

Townsend seismic platforms are the best 3rd party solutions I've found, but I also show a homemade solution that yields similar results.  My friend used them under his turntable to great effect and there's even a video of that interview too.

Here is the link if you want to check out the testing and homemade solution....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPt7qoWWa8yiC7F2pCWsO0Bjcs-1mVHAg

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #24 on: 11 Sep 2020, 07:15 pm »
I wonder how well those balls would do cut in 1/2.

RPM123

newvinyl

« Reply #26 on: 30 Sep 2020, 02:35 am »