Well, I am learning, thanks to help here

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Well, I am learning, thanks to help here
« on: 13 Mar 2011, 05:04 pm »
I am starting to make sense of this high bit rate music.

After breaking down and buying a new MacBook Pro 2.7 with 8 gig of memory and a 500gig hard drive, I am getting into the high res business.  We already are building DACs that will do it, I just needed to get the music into them.

So now I am using the Mac connected to a KingRex UC192 to provide USB to SPDIF output into my DAC at up to 192/24 with Fidelia as the music program.  The combination is transparent to use and musically excellent.

I can also use the USB port from my Mac connected directly into a miniStreamer USB input board on my DAC and get up to 96/24 in just as nicely.

Finally I have a mini-toslink to standard optical plug coming in this week to evaluate the performance directly from the optical output on the Mac into our DAC.

With each of these digital music paths, using a recent Mac, no software drivers are needed.  Its all plug and play,

I am still having fun here.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

cryoparts

Re: Well, I am learning, thanks to help here
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2011, 08:54 pm »
I am still having fun here.

What it's all about!  I've been in this biz for 25+ years, and you a lot longer, if we can keep discovering new things that pique our interest, that is a win!

Peace,

Lee

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2011, 10:04 pm »
Welcome to hi-rez Frank!   :thumb:

George

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2011, 10:44 pm »
The AC community strikes again.   :thumb:  This is a very cool place.    8)   Hirez gets a new influential supporter. :beer: