TC Sounds price increases

jsalk

• Facilitator
    • Salk Signature Sound
TC Sounds price increases
« on: 10 Sep 2007, 07:50 pm »
Just a heads up for anyone considering an HT3 purchase...

I just received a call from TC Sounds.  They informed us that they are completely re-defining their business model. 

When we started doing business with them, they did not sell directly to end users.  Recently, they started selling drivers in quantities as low as one direct to end users.  But that program is fast coming to an end.

The bad news is that MASSIVE price increases are in the offing.  The cost of the woofer used in our HT3's, for example, will more than double.  And they are going to completely stop selling drivers to a number of speaker manufacturers.

TC Sounds builds among the absolute best bass drivers in the world.  And they figure it is about time they price them accordingly.  In the process, they are also drastically limiting the number of OEM's that will have access to these drivers, making speakers built with them quite rare.

The good news is that they value our relationship and have assured us that they will continue to supply us with drivers.  In fact, we continue to discuss the development of additional drivers for future, un-named, projects. 

We look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with TC Sounds.  We feel the success of the HT3's is due, in part, to the quality of the bass produced by their incredible drivers.

But I thought I should be up front about the potential impact of these price increases.  When our existing stock of TC drivers is gone, we may have no choice but to increase the price of the HT3's.  We will fight to keep prices where they are, but it simply may not be possible. 

So if you were considering an HT3 purchase in the near future, you may want to make sure you place an order before any potential price increases take effect.  Just thought you'd like to know...

- Jim